These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider I / II / III

Spider II 212?
by joutlaw on 2010-07-18 12:26:29

Plugged the amp into the wall, turned the power on and the back started smoking. Immediately turned the amp off, and unplugged from the wall. I let it sit for a while, and plugged the amp into a different socket. The power came on, but no sound what so ever. Any ideas?

Re: Spider II 212?
by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-07-18 23:20:25

Hi

If the amp started smoking, then it has developed a serious fault which will require attention by an authorised Line 6 Service Centre.  The power amplifier has probably failed because the power transistors have overheated and burned out.  The cause may be an improperly fitted loudspeaker or a speaker with too low an impedance or a short circuit.  The unfortunate bottom line is that it won't work until it is repaired.  There are no user serviceable parts in these amps, so do not attempt to repair the amp yourself unless you are a qualified electronics engineer and you know what you are doing.  By attempting a repair, you may make matters much worse and possibly create a fire hazard or worse.

Regards

Nick

Re: Spider II 212?
by joutlaw on 2010-08-09 10:27:32

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it could be something I could do myself....guess ill be taking a trip

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.