These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Alternate Spider IV 150 USB connection?
by larrymac on 2010-07-21 16:09:14

Is it possible to use a CAT5 to USB adapter to connect my Spider IV 150 to my computer? I have an FBV Express (not MKII) and don't want to have to buy a 2nd FBV MKII pedal just to be able to deep edit.

RE: Alternate Spider IV 150 USB connection?
by Line6david on 2010-07-21 16:42:03

Hi,

Unfortunately no. The Spider IV can only connect to Monkey through a connection with a FBV MkII foot controller.

Thanks for your post,

-David

Re: Alternate Spider IV 150 USB connection?
by larrymac on 2010-07-21 20:56:39

Why would Line 6 create a USB connection protocol on the Spider IV series, requiring the purchase of a separate "redesigned" FBV foot pedal in order to connect to a PC to perform deep editing? My Spider IV 150 is the 3rd Line 6 amp I own, also having a Flextone II Plus and a SpiderJam. My SpiderJam amp allows many user guitar tone presets to be saved without requiring either a separate foot pedal or PC interface. It's almost like the release of the Spider IV series is a step backward for owner ease of use. I would think the simple addition of a USB port adjacent to the CAT5 port would have been more simplistic, with the required chip circuitry installed in the amp.  I love my Spider IV 150 amp, but since I already own several multi-effects pedals, and the prior generation FBV Express pedal, I don't feel the necessity to spend another $100 on a FBV MKII pedal just to get the USB port.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.