These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

M13 Looper Volume Drop (but only normal speed?)
by ljholland on 2010-07-28 12:04:20

OK...this is weird.  I've had zero problems with my M13 and it's been updated to the latest firmware since the firmware release day.

Just last night, when recording loops, the playback will have a volume drop for a couple of seconds at the start of the loop.  I've checked the looper playback settings in setup and everything is at 100% as usual.

However - if you put the looper into slow speed mode and record a loop - no problem.   Flip to normal speed recording....volume drop at the start of the loop.

Thoughts??

RE: M13 Looper Volume Drop (but only normal speed?)
by ricksox on 2010-08-02 11:47:45

Hello,

That's pretty strange. I could not reproduce that on my M13 here.

Are you in True or DSP bypass mode? Do you have anything else in your signal chain other then the M13?

Have you tried reinstalling the Firmware for the M13?

Line6Miller

Re: RE: M13 Looper Volume Drop (but only normal speed?)
by ljholland on 2010-08-02 18:19:16

I'm using the true bypass setting.  There's just the M13 between the guitar and amp.  I have not tried reinstalling the software.  Actually, I'm kinda nervous about re-flashing.  It worked fine the first time but with all of the folks having issues....maybe it's not a great idea?

Anyway, the M13's been flawless up to now...this is the first problem I've had.  The slow mode work around seems to solve it....maybe I should just leave it alone until a new firmware version is released?

Re: M13 Looper Volume Drop (but only normal speed?)
by Mincer on 2010-08-02 18:51:29

I only use 1/2 speed mode to loop...you get double the recording time, with pretty much the same quality. I have to admit, as much as I use the looper, this has never happened to me. But I pretty much always have to reset the expression pedal for the looper as soon as I turn the M13 on, though. It always 'defaults' to 0 volume. No matter if I saved it at something else.

Re: M13 Looper Volume Drop (but only normal speed?)
by ljholland on 2010-08-03 04:24:12

Yes - you're right - the expression pedals are always misconfigured when you turn the M13 on.  I'm always resetting them.  I haven't found the trick yet to keep the settings from changing.

However, this is a seperate issue in that the volume drops, unrelated to the pedal setting.

RE: M13 Looper Volume Drop (but only normal speed?)
by Line6Hugo on 2010-08-03 08:25:19

LJholland,

Your only option at this point other than re-installing the flash memory would be to take it to a service center:

http://line6.com/service_centers/

I suggest re-installing the flash, but that decision is up to you.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.