These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

SRAM test failed, Display Blank, 3 lights , Will Not Start, No Sound ,RESOLVED!!!
by matteus78 on 2010-08-02 02:41:41

I had quite an important gig lined up the other week a real earner .

A couple of days before I switched on my PODxt Live of 6 years and ARRRRR!!!!!!!!!! It wouldn't start the problems were as aboveI tried everything from updating the firmware (when on the rare time it would start) to taking the unit apart, removing the sram chip & cleaning the contacts with alcohol.

Still nothing changed.   I thought I was going to have to shell out for a new one. I would have to get the same as all my patches have been tweaked over many years and my patch changes are automated via midi. A lot of time invested!!

My Studio is in the basement and can get quite humid in the summer in this climate. Before the problem happaned it had been shut up for a few days and had got up to 75% humidity.  I took the pod into the house and left it. Then tried to figure out hoe the hell I was going to get another one in this country.

It turns out the problem of shipping saved me alot of cash as lo and behold on the 4th day the pod would work 60% of the time then 7 days later it booted up every  time!!!!

So before you send it off to the service center or slash out on a new one (or other make).  Cheak out the hummidiy of where it spaends most of its time.

I have a soft case and now keep some bags of silica gel in there just to be safe.

Hopefully this will save someone some time, cash and hassle.

I had to use my old Korg AX30G for the gig ,the gig turned out great 7 encores, got a regular spot.  Just shows effects are only realy the icing on the cake!

Re: SRAM test failed, Display Blank, 3 lights , Will Not Start, No Sound ,RESOLVED!!!
by JonathanAnon on 2011-04-27 04:11:12

Hi Matt,

I have the same issue as you.. What did you do to dry it out.. Leave it in the hot press?

regards,

J

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.