These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Driver for Toneport kb37 in Snow Leopard 64-bit ???
by victorfms on 2010-08-09 10:25:25

Alright, because u don't have any area that warns customers about driver releases...I'll have to post this question every week:

Is the Driver for Toneport kb37 for Snow Leopard 64-bit ready?

Re: Driver for Toneport kb37 in Snow Leopard 64-bit ???
by ricksox on 2010-08-09 16:21:02

Hello,

No. We do not have a 64 bit driver for Mac yet. When we make one available we will post an announcement on the main support page.

Line6Miller

by nicktrout on 2010-08-12 17:50:47

Do you have a release date for this? Snow Leopard has been out for a year now and you still don't have full support for it. It's getting a bit ridiculous now.

What is the release date of full SL support with 64 bit drivers???

by joepregent on 2010-10-06 14:18:43

Is this still true?

It was understandable early on, when Snow Leopard was first released.

I think this is the only software/hardware that I have that still requires 32-bit.

by petereverts on 2010-10-08 14:07:12

hello,

complete unaware of this 64bit driver problem I bought tha KB37 today assuming it would all work fine on my new macbook pro. I also got unpleasantly surprised by the fact that my mac shuts down as soon as the KB37 was connected. The reseller didn't inform me about this issue and as not intending to take it back. So now i'm stuck with a new KB37 that doesn't work. Actually quite unbelievable, certainly when one reades that this problem is knwn for over a year.....

How difficult can it get building this driver?????

Please make me a happy line6 user again!!

Peter

by joepregent on 2010-10-12 09:42:05

I don't want this to go off topic, but Petereverts, you can still run the drivers in 32-bit.

Also, plugging the KB37 in with wrong/incorrect driver loaded should not shut your mac down.

I was under the impression that OSX booted into 32-bit mode by default? If not you can hold down "3" and "2" while booting to force it (or "6" and "4" to force 64-bit mode).

I'm just disappointed that I (still) need to start my mac in 32-bit for one piece of hardware...

Line 6 is an excellent value, but there's alot of great competition out there...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.