These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Connecting Pod 2 to a computer
by barryfoil on 2010-08-10 05:30:13

I have spent all morning trying to get my Pod 2 to connect with my computer with no joy and much frustration ! I have found out most of the method by reading posts from other users, as Line 6 documentation is no help , so know this is not an isolated problem.

I bought a midi to USB cable, tried connecting in both ways ( in to in and In to out with the midi plugs) I assume out on the Pod would go to in on the connecting cable, but neither way works anyway.i have uninstalled and reinstalled Line 6 edit and monkey 3 times but the computer will not find the Pod.

Has anyone one got an idiots step by step guide or any ideas ?

barryfoil

Re: Connecting Pod 2 to a computer
by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2010-08-10 06:37:08

Not all MIDI/USB interfaces are the same.  I don't have the time to write a 5 paragraph explanation about the technicalities of it all but you need a proper MIDI interface not just a cheap USB to MIDI cable.  They just don't work.

Get yourself the M-Audio UNO.  That is the Correct interface to use.  It will work flawlessly.  I use one on all my Line 6 gear and it hasn't let me down.

I hope this is Helpful.

Cheers,

Crusty

by Triryche on 2010-08-10 06:42:16

Just for the record...

To the best of my knowledge,

you can NOT pump audio to your PC thru the MIDI on the POD 2.0

The MIDI is for program changes and automation.

If you are wanting to pump Audio via MIDI you need an XT or X3 model

by barryfoil on 2010-08-10 10:13:27

thanks Crusty

I did see that in one of your earlier posts but when I looked for one it was a US site. Have now found one in UK so have ordered and will let you know the results.

by barryfoil on 2010-08-10 10:15:06

thanks, but all I am trying to do is download some tones.

by Triryche on 2010-08-10 10:22:39

you could try searching fo rthe correct driver from the downloads page and running that directly - NOT via the monkey, then connect the POD 2.0 when asked to.

by troubleadour on 2012-11-04 08:53:09

Hi barryfoil,

I'd be very interested to find out if the cables worked.

I've had exactly the same problem as you. It seems that, what should be a simple job is nothing but a complicated and frustrating farce.

Register here, download this, update that, plug this in here, plug that in there, connect this to that and connect that to this, read this, retry that. And the whole time none of it works!

The very basic and simple thing is; I want my POD 2.0 to give me tones that sound like the songs I'm playing. That's all!! I don't need a firework show or a syncranised swimming display. I don't want to negotiate peace in the Middle East or even Middle Earth! I just want my f***ing POD to give me a Nirvana tone.

So, yeah, I'd be very interested to find out if the cables worked.

Thanks,

troubleadour

by Mr_Arkadin on 2012-11-04 10:19:56

This is a two year old post. I doubt he'll respond.

It might help if you told us your set-up, what you've tried. What cables you are using, computer etc. Without some info it is difficult to help you.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.