These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench

Variax Workbench can't find its java.
by brucecrossan on 2010-08-10 15:31:47

My computer has the latest java download, I tell it to go ahead and contact Java when it's installing its self.  But it tells me it can't connect to the web, even though the computer is hooked up to the web.  I run Firefox as my browser, if that makes a difference.  It also can't locate theJNL Launcher (or whatever it says) after you get rid of the can't find Java box.  So what do I need to do to get Workbench to recognize what is right in front of it?  I also let Windows try to debug the program and it tried settings that matched XP with Service Pack 2 and then 3: didn't work. I'm stumped.     bc

Re: Variax Workbench can't find its java.
by amx05462 on 2010-08-10 15:35:51

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/5.0_21/index.html

go here  and  download  java 1.5  or java  5  as they call it  the  latest  java  doesnt  work  with  workbench   thats  why  it cant  find  what its  looking  for.   workbench is an old  program   and  needs   an older  version  of java

by brucecrossan on 2010-08-11 00:22:02

Thanx.  Looks like Workbench can finally get its cafine fix.  I actually tried finding the right legacy Java before but could wade through which one I needed.

by tom1savage on 2010-08-11 09:27:48

I have a great idea... why not write a newer version of the workbench program that has a better interface and uses current versions of JAVA so we don't have to deal with these problems? Are you listening Line6?

by Justafreak on 2010-08-11 11:04:42

my workbench is running now.

thanks a lot for your support.

joe

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.