These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Pod XTLive through Marshall half stack MG series
by What_The_Dealio on 2010-08-10 22:18:46

First of all I play METALLL.  Ok, I have a load of kickass presets on my Pod XTL, they sound amazing through the Headphones, but not so much through the amp, how can I make it sound exactly the same through the amp?? I've tested to make sure the amp is uber clean, and it is, but it sounds almost underwater, and sometimes trebly.....just shitty. I dont like it, anybody got any answers??

RE: Pod XTLive through Marshall half stack MG series
by Line6david on 2010-08-12 11:50:17

Hi,

I think the difference in guitar sound you are hearing has to do with the frequency response of the speakers in your headphones/amp.

You headphones have full frequency speakers that have a "flat" response. They represent equal gain on all frequencies.

The speakers in your 4x12 cab have a "scooped" response that sounds good for guitar.

I would suggest making two presets for the same tone, one for your head phones and one for your amp and saving them on the pod.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: Pod XTLive through Marshall half stack MG series
by What_The_Dealio on 2010-08-16 14:43:27

Ok thanks. Also I have another question. Would it make a difference if the settings on the tone (such as in Gearbox) have different cabs, mic distances, post/pre volumes, and stuff like that. Also do you know what head would be best for a pod?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.