These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

GXPod Farm 2 upgrade - need some help
by ImaginaryEvil on 2010-08-11 11:34:41

I bought my POD GX on 4th January 2010 and registered it on 9th January 2010 (Line 6 folk will be able to see this in my account I think) and it came bundled with the first version of POD Farm

I found this on line 6 website

Q: What if I purchased a POD Studio, POD X3 or TonePort DI, or TonePort UX8 device after the release of POD Farm version 2? Do I qualify for a free upgrade to POD Farm version 2?

A: Yes. When you connect your new device to Line 6 Monkey, the Monkey will recognize the connection date and offer you a free upgrade to POD Farm version 2. The model set depends on what model set would have been offered to you with the included POD Farm 1 version. IE: UX1 and UX2 get standard version upgrade but UX8 and POD X3 devices get platinum version upgrades.

Go to http://line6.com/store/, choose your deivce in the POD Farm 2 area and you will see a POD Farm 2 license at $0.00. Go to checkout, then go to the My Account link at the top of the page. Click License Keys on the left side of the page and copy the license number. Open Line 6 Monkey and click Activate Purchase on the Optional Add-Ons page and you will have the license installed to your device.

So, I'm entitled to a free upgrade as I , I downloaded POD Farm 2 and tried to activate it in Line 6 Monkey, but it's asking me for a licence code!  How do I get a licence code?  I'm really wanting to upgrade!

If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it... thanks

RE: GXPod Farm 2 upgrade - need some help
by Line6Hugo on 2010-08-12 17:01:23

Looking at your account, it appears that you have connected your GX to the Monkey software and clicked on the Activate Features button to receive the POD Farm 2 license.

So your GX currently has the POD Farm 2 license and it should allow you to use the software.

Please let us know if you continue to have problems.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.