These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

ux2/ podfarm 2 activation vst plugin sonar content
by pvesper on 2010-08-13 11:27:35

im sorry if this topic has been beaten to death allready. i thought ive read every related topic but i still cant figure out what im doing wrong..

i bought the podfarm2 activation key so i can use the plugin  on sonar 8, and no matter what i do, when i try to open it through sonar it gives me this

<a target=new href=http://i38.tinypic.com/efmfyq.jpg" class="jive-image" src="http://i38.tinypic.com/efmfyq.jpg"/>

How do i fix this?

thanks and keep up the good work!!

ill post a link to a finished song when its done...

Re: ux2/ podfarm 2 activation vst plugin sonar content
by Krank678 on 2010-08-13 12:13:46

When you say, "no matter what I do..." what have you actually tried?

This may be seem like a silly question, but did you manage (via Monkey) to update/authorize your UX2 with the new Pod Farm 2 Activation Key? If not, close Sonar and run Line 6 Monkey with your device connected and authorize the activation key on your UX2. (That is assuming you have not already done this). 

by pvesper on 2010-08-13 12:42:41

pod farm2 is activated via monkey. i have all updates and the newest drivers. i uninstalled/re-installed podfarm2 twice. i uninstalled/reinstalled sonar.   the stand alone podfarm works fine, and sonar can find podfarm in the vst list no problem but when i try to use it i get the above message.

<a target=new href=http://i34.tinypic.com/2u61slw.jpg" class="jive-image" src="http://i34.tinypic.com/2u61slw.jpg"/>

by pvesper on 2010-08-13 13:43:08

i watched the video tutorials and have allready done what he did on the video. i plugged my ux2 into every usb on my computer. makes no difference what i do, doesnt work.

by pvesper on 2010-08-13 18:08:51

well, it works fine in reaper. sucks that i have to figure out and potentially buy a new DAW to use podfarm but whatever, i guess its not line 6's fault so ill take this to the cakewalk board..

by TheRealZap on 2010-08-13 18:15:07

have you gone through the sonar menus and added the line6 location to be scanned for plugins?

i dont use sonar... but it should have some variation of this... meaning that on windows  pod farm is typically in a program fles\line6 folder

but that folder isn't typically the vst folder... its usually something like porgram files\steinberg

anyway some daws find them anyway and some don't you may have to either copy the line6 stuff into the default vst folder or change the default vst folder...

depending on the daw you might just be able to add another folder location for vst's in addition to whatever the default is.

by pvesper on 2010-08-13 20:27:10

sonar can find and load the plugin, its in the vst list.  i can "turn it on" but it wont actually work because it doesnt think its activated. i know it is communicating with the ux2 because when i open sonar a dialog box comes up and i have to check boxes telling it to use the ux2 as midi in/out. im really only confused because i can get it to work in acid, reaper and protools but i dont like using any of them as much as sonar.

RE: ux2/ podfarm 2 activation vst plugin sonar content
by Line6david on 2010-08-16 08:11:01

Hi,

I think you have already tried this, but are you sure you activated the plug in in monkey?

In monkey:

Got to the Optional Add-Ons Tab and click active purchases.

Also, are you using a line 6 interface or ILok with a third party interface?

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: ux2/ podfarm 2 activation vst plugin sonar content
by smackythefrog on 2013-03-01 10:26:47

I am having this same issue and am using a line 6 ux2 interface. where do I purchase this plug in?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.