These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

How do I get Line6 Edit? Monkey is no help!
by KennyGrindall on 2010-08-13 14:15:20

When I bought my Line6 PODxtLive years ago, I got the Monkey and Edit (and a few other tools) easily enough, and enjoyed using them. For a while, I could not keep this up because I had no computer, but now I've got a decent laptop, and decided to get back into playing "tone monster". At first, it's gone great.

Monkey 1.33 updated my POD like a charm, and I can't wait to load some custom tones to the unit--so I tried to download Edit.

I can't figure out how or where to get it. The Line6 website doesn't offer it in the downloads section, but does mention a few places that I can use Monkey to get it. I don't think I'm such a moron, but I've been all around the Monkey and cannot see any way to get Edit.

I've already downloaded some tones. I was going to use them this weekend in church, but now I have to wait until someone can help clue me in to what I'm missing. This was a seamless, brilliant, joyful experience when my POD was new... I want that joy again, please... help!

Thanks a ton.

Kenny

Re: How do I get Line6 Edit? Monkey is no help!
by TheRealZap on 2010-08-13 14:33:08

i'm pretty sure they've changed the editor to gearbox now. did you download that one?

you can also still get edit here: http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=1951

last updated 2008 though.... (meaning no windows 7 support FYI)

by KennyGrindall on 2010-08-13 14:33:56

Hey... has the Edit software function been rolled into Gearbox?

I figured I oughta get GB anyway, and it looks like I can do the tone garage work right there.

If this is how it works now, I may be all set... but thanks to any who have thoughts, comments you think may help.

KG

by TheRealZap on 2010-08-13 14:34:34

yup! you got it. 

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.