These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

FBV Compatability
by newts456 on 2009-04-06 04:29:19

I was looking at the spider jam on the product page of line 6 website, it suggests 2 compatible pedals/foot controls for the spider jam, one being the FBV Express and the FBV Shortboard, clicking on those pedals to view the full product info also shows you amps further down on the info page detailing amps that the pedal is compatible with, there is no Spider Jam in this list, can someone confirm these are compatible, i think they are as i have seen people etc on youtube with the spider jam and the FBV Shortboard, this question in mind, i also want to ask will the FBV Floorboard/longboard also be compatible with the spider jam amp, a response would be very much appreciated,

Thankyou for you time

Ryan l,,l,

Re: FBV Compatability
by joegillespie on 2009-04-06 06:27:17

The FBV Express and Shortboard are definitely compatible with the Spider Jam. Not sure about the others.

by Rowbi on 2009-04-06 06:42:07

i'd trust what this page says: http://line6.com/spiderjam/index.html?utm_source=Index&utm_medium=DropDown&utm_campaign=Spider+Jam

theother FBV compatability page is just out of date.

by newts456 on 2009-04-06 07:16:26

Thanks for confirming the express and shortboard

Can anyone confirm about the Floorboard/Longboard

Thanks once again

Ryan

by Kneehow on 2009-04-06 16:22:25

Spider Jam: FBV Express and FBV Shortboard.

You could use an FBV (largest model designed for use with a Vetta amp), but most of the switches will not do anything with the Spider Jam, so it would be money spent on unusable hardware.

Floorboard will NOT work with the Spider Jam. Those were older controllers designed for original AX2, POD, Flextone I, Spider I, etc.

by malibustacey on 2009-12-14 10:56:52

hey,

im replying here with a question as you appear to be in the know.  what will the fbv express MKII allow you to do with the spiderjam.  i guess you can get the wah and the volume pedal.  i also gather they will allow you to control the looper.   can the pedals allow you to change between saved settings?  further, does the pedal allow you alter effects such as delay or reverb?

im asking as im wondering if there is a point to buying this pedal for someone with a spider jam amp.

thanks

by GreenDrake on 2010-04-21 18:13:39

I, too, am trying to find out how to use the tracks and loop settings on the Express pedal.  I bought it solely on the fact that it was supposed to control the stop and start functions without having to touch the amp, but I can't find any instructions on how this is done.  Rather poor product marketing if it can't do this, there are no in depth instructions and getting help seems to be an issue too.  Anyone?

by Buy-a-Fender on 2010-04-21 18:20:07

Please see APPENDIX B of the Spider Jam Pilot's Guide that came with your amp for instructions on setting the FBV to control looping and recording.

There are 2 FBV mode settings on the amp:

NORMAL MODE allows you to use the footswitches to select PRESET tones. You cannot change effects with the pedal.

JAM MODE allows you to use the foot switches to start/stop recording and playback.

The current firmware rev 2.09 does not allow the amp to retain the FBV mode settings after pwer down. When you power up the amp reverts back to FBV NORMAL MODE.

Hopefully Line 6 will correct this in the next firmware rev.

by Buy-a-Fender on 2010-04-21 18:22:36

as far as the pedal being being worth the investment - I would have to say yes. I use the FBV Express pedal every time I use the amp. Very handy. The built in tuner is also nice and easier to see than the tuner on the SJ display.

personally I would not want ot be without my FBV express pedal

by kurrykid on 2010-04-21 21:13:32

I hav a FBV Shortboard that I use with my Spiderjam (bought it back when I had a Spider II).  I love it and it works great...it is the more expensive one but if you could find it for a good pce, I'd highly recommend it.

Dave

by GreenDrake on 2010-04-22 05:46:48

YES, alas, I see what you mean.  Thanks guys.  It would have helped to include something like this with the FBV Express instructions, they are pretty weak.  I followed what you said Steve and found the settings in the amp itself that will allow me to play around with the pedals for what I intended.  Guess I have some more learning to do on that amp because there are all kinds of tweaks a guy can do in there.  Not sure what NORMAL and PERFORMANCE settings do, as well as a few other things I found while scrolling through the spider jam menus, but I got the pedals working and had some fun last night.  Good times, thanks fellas.

by Buy-a-Fender on 2010-04-22 06:09:43

Guys, I don't mean to be a buzz kill but you have GOT to READ the manuals in order to get the most out of this amp - it's pretty much all there.

After having my amp for a year and a half I still keep my manuals next to it for reference

The Normal and Performance settings are explained on page 3-3 of the latest rev of Pilot's guide.

Here is what the book says:

Output Routing for RCA Jacks

You can choose what signals are sent to the RCA jacks on the back of the unit:

Press the Tone / Settings button three times to show the additional functions.

Turn the Select knob to highlight Output Routing

Press Right on the 4-way button.

• To have everything come out of both Spider Jam’s on-board speakers and the RCA jacks, turn the Select

knob to select Normal

• To have the Guitar come out of Spider Jam’s 12-inch speaker and everything else come out of the RCA

jacks, turn the Select knob to select Performance

If you do not have latest manual (Pilot's Guide and Advanced) then click the SUpport item on the nav bar above and click on PRODUCT MANUALS

On the Product Manuals Page select SPIDER III for the list 

(who the hell knows why the Spider Jam manuals are under SPIDER III!!??)

by Buy-a-Fender on 2010-04-22 06:33:46

keep an eye on eBay for used FBV pedals - if you are patient you can find some good deals

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.