These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: BackTrack / MIDI Mobilizer

Line6 Backtrack constant white light - device not working
by iconnex on 2010-08-21 19:57:10

Hi,

I did recently restore defaults (formated the device) and since then the Backtrack does not work. It goes through light change proces after connected to the PC, gets detected and then white steady light comes and stys like that. I also tried to find the way of updating firmware version as my is 0.10.0A (not sure if it current) but there is nothing available from Line6. I am usinging it (wen it works) on Windows7.

Anyone had same issue?

Thanks

RE: Line6 Backtrack constant white light - device not working
by Kneehow on 2010-08-24 15:36:20

Hi,

A few questions to help us understand what's been done so far (clarification questions):

1. Hopefully you didn't, but when you said "formatted device", do you mean when it was connected via USB to a host computer, then right-clicking on the "Removable Disk" device and choosing the option to format it from Windows 7?

2. If the answer to #1 is "yes"... the only thing I can suggest is a hard reset attempt (push in the contact switch on the side of the unit with a paperclip), although I'm not sure it'll do much help. Reformatting the device will wipe out the system firmware.

3. I see you're writing us from Australia. If you purchased this Backtrack as a new product, when and where did you purchase it from?

Regards,

L6Perry

Re: RE: Line6 Backtrack constant white light - device not working
by iconnex on 2010-08-24 17:41:28

Hi,

I've purchased it in Canberra, ACT, Australia on the September 7, 2009 for AUD $189.00 Serial Number (21) BTK0S5840000451.

To clarify, yes, unfortunately I did that stupid thing by formatting it as a removable drive from Win7. I did resset it with the paper clip and attempted to get the new firmware but there is nothing that I can find. I am very surprised that Line6 does not offer that as an download option under support section, because what happens when you are forced to do it due to corrupted files?

However, if you could help or suggest anything I would be greatly appreciative as it is a great product and I don't want to lose it.

Thank you for getting in touch with me.

Regards

Ivan

by ricksox on 2010-08-27 11:16:30

Hi,

I created a support ticket for you so we can resolve this issue. Please respond to the ticket. Thanks.

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link if a Line 6 support representative determines that a ticket is necessary to troubleshoot your issue. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support.

Please note: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host.

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

Line6Miller

Re: Line6 Backtrack constant white light - device not working
by dere on 2010-09-13 13:09:37

I have the same problem, when i turn my backtrack on it will constantly glow light and won't respond to any buttons. In difference to iconnex i didn't delete any files on the backtrack though. Is there any solution for this problem yet?

I can see all the files when connected to a computer.

Therefore my windows created a bootex.log file on the backtrack, apparently it was connected while booting windows and windows did a chkdsk on the backtrack and repaired the files /USER/.MAP /UNMARKED/.MAP /MARKED/.MAP. According to the bootex.log file these 3 files had an unvalid size, but windows could repair them. However there is no /MARKED/.MAP file on the backtrack. /USER/.MAP and /MARKED/.MAP exist, i tried to delete them but apparently they can't be deleted.

I tried the hardware reset thing with the paperclip but without success.  Sadly I don't have warranty for this product anymore.

I would be very thankful if someone figures out how to fix this.

by iconnex on 2010-09-20 00:19:30

Hi guys,

I seem to have lost all messages from the ticket that has been created by you. Actually, the ticket for above problem is not existing anymore. Would you be able to check it for me because I was in contact with Rick last time and now if I log on to the ticket page, it is just blank.

Thanks and kind regards

Ivan

by line6lm on 2010-09-24 16:45:11

Tracking#: 1ZA21W066730058495

by schnupp on 2010-11-21 07:29:43

i have the same problem. cannot find system software or firmware for my backtrack mic, nor can I find the "tickets" you refer to for the other users. please help!!!!!!

by schnupp on 2010-12-08 02:48:43

Hello! Still no answer! Still no sign of the "ticket" either.

Come on guys from Line 6: this really seems to be a recurrent problem with your piece of kit! Please be aware that Windows Vista actually tells people that they *have to* format the device to make it work when they plug it in, so you can hardly blame them if they do as they are told. My son made that mistake - hasn't yet learned that one must never trust Windows - but it's really not his fault if he does as instructed, and if your device is meant to be Windows compatible then you really should have something available to fix this!!!!

How hard can it be to put the system software on your website so that people like us can download it and copy it back on?

by eyewarp on 2011-04-10 04:15:59

Hi, i have the same problem with my bt + mic now it is just a lump of plastic,please can you help with software ,i have tried everything ,hours spent on the problem ,tickets raised etc etc .It looks like i will have to bin it .this is obviously not a one off HELP.

by parkey67 on 2011-08-14 09:24:37

When I connect My Backtrack+ Mic to my computer, It gets recognised and then disconects, then Reconnects and disconnects several times untill it finally isn't recognised at all. Sometimes a hard reset seems to cure the problem but not always. WHAT TO DO? Getting support and navigating this site is way more difficult than it needs to be!

by leroygabrielse on 2012-01-18 11:49:42

I have the same problem here, windows said me that i have to format the device to go further. But now all the files on the backtrack are deleted. How can i solve this?

by dolcexmate on 2012-06-25 04:02:13

Hello,
i hae the same probleme. Is there nothing to do?

by killbox118 on 2013-01-03 09:47:54

I had that issue, try a hard reset (That magical reset button on the side next to the headphone icon. Ya, press stick a paperclip or something into that hole) and then use the setup utility to restart your Backtrack. It worked for me, only, I didn't format my Backtrack, so I don't know what to tell you.

by killbox118 on 2013-01-03 09:48:26

I had that issue, try a hard reset (That magical reset button on the side next to the headphone icon. Ya, press stick a paperclip or something into that hole) and then use the setup utility to restart your Backtrack. It worked for me, only, I didn't format my Backtrack, so I don't know what to tell you.

by killbox118 on 2013-01-03 09:56:41

From a Pc nerd's perspective, it sounds like one of three things (I can't be certin though);

1. An issue with the USB port on your Computer. Try using a different port (plug) or maybe a different Computer altogether.
  2. An issue with the cord you're using. Try changing USB cords used to connect Backtrack to you PC. The cords are standard MP3 to USB cords and they're not hard to find.
  3. An issue with the USB port on your Backtrack. If the above two don't work, it might be the third. In which case, you might still be good for that warrenty. If not? God help you...

Also, it might be an issue with your windows settings. I don't think there's anything in there that stops USB connections randomly like that, but who knows?

Sources:

I'm a nerd...

by killbox118 on 2013-01-03 10:09:44

I actually don't work here so bear with me if this stuff doesn't work. I figured I'd help you out (if I could).

Go to this link: http://line6.com/software/index.html

and">http://line6.com/software/index.html">http://line6.com/software/index.html

andunder Products select Backtrack or Backtrack + mic, whichever one you have. This will download the Setup Utility. The original software that came loaded on your backtrack. If that is still installed on your PC, find a paperclip and hit the reset button on the side of your Backtrack, it's located next to the headphones icon (right above it actually). You backtrack should flash warm colors (red/orange/yellow) when you try to turn it on. Connect it to your computer and reload the Software in your backtrack like you did when you first got it.

Hope that helps! I've done all I can.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.