These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench

Variax Pickup Noise Issue
by pacomac on 2010-08-22 05:59:15

I purchased a Variax 500 just over a year ago so it's now out of warrenty.

After playing the guitar for 15-30min or so (especially noticable with distortion) there is a horrible crackling noise which starts off very subtle and gets progressively louder as time goes on to the point where it is louder than the guitar itself. On odd occasions the thick E string has stopped working entirely, but this is rare. I've tried reseating some of the connectors but I'm wondering if this is a symptom of a faulty piezo rather than a bad connection? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in the UK (Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire), so service centers are few and far between for Vaiax guitars.

Paul

Re: Variax Pickup Noise Issue
by johnpicton on 2010-08-22 07:09:24

I am sorry Paul I am no where near knowledgeable enough to answer your question. But I really can recommend calling the UK service Center based in Daventry (I did a google maps route finder and they are nearly 200 miles away - I agree a long way to pay a visit), but I have found the people at the service center very helpful.

Line6 UK Service Center

4 Sopwith Way
Drayton Fields Industrial Estates
Daventry, Northamptonshire
NN11 8PB
0044 1327 302 700 (phone)

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.