These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Riffworks Line 6 / Standard Edition

Using guitarport as interface for mac
by pahunter43 on 2010-08-23 18:43:22

Hey, ive been using guitarport/riffworks on my PC for awhile now. I just got a macbook pro and put gearbox on it and want to use my guitarport also. I hook the USB port in, the light on guitarport is green. Gearbox shows that it picks up the guitar playing (the lights light up when i strum the guitar), but nothing comes out of the speakers. I have checked every volume knob on the mac, on gearbox, on my guitar, in every setting possible. If i listen to i-tunes, or anytihng on hte internet, the sound comes out of the speakers like normal

I had read elsewhere that the drivers need to be uninstalled? Im not that good with computers so im confused. Can you help me out? I would also like to be able to use the interface for garageband

RE: Using guitarport as interface for mac
by Line6david on 2010-08-25 08:09:00

Hi,

You need to go the system preferences in OSX:

In the dock at the bottom of your screen click on the icon that looks like a silver box with gears in it.

Next click on the sound icon on the system preferences screen.

You should be able to select the GuitarPort as your audio interface in this window.

Now you computer's sound will be routed through the guitar port instead of the built in speakers on the Mac Book Pro.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: Using guitarport as interface for mac
by pahunter43 on 2010-08-25 18:58:10

David,

I appreciate the help. I guess I still am not getting something right. My guitarport doesnt show up as an option for audio input or output in the system preferences sound menu. The green light is on, but thats about it.

I got my guitarport along with the riffworks program a few years ago and it works fine on my PC. I havent installed the riffworks disc on my mac, do I need to? All i've done since I got my mac was download gearbox from line6.com and plug the guitarport into the USB drive of my mac. In gearbox, the usb icon is blinking but im not sure what that means. If you can get back to me that would be great, thanks

by ricksox on 2010-08-26 11:20:31

Hello,

What color is the LED light on your GuitarPort device?

Also, if this is a new Macbook then you most likely have Snow Leopard installed on it.

Do you know if you are running Snow Leopard in 32 bit or 64 bit mode?

The reason why I am asking is that at this time, we do not support 64 bit versions of Snow Leopard:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4592

Line6Miller

by pahunter43 on 2010-08-26 17:22:28

The light on guitarport is green, but it doesnt appear that the mac has recognized it as an input; it seems like thats the biggest problem.

I am not sure what version of Leopard I am running, but if it will only run in 32 bit mode, ill change it if you can tell me how.

Thanks for the help, let me know of any suggestions you have

by ricksox on 2010-08-27 15:14:02

OK, so you are saying that if you click on the little Apple icon int he top left corner of your desktop, go to System Preferences>Sounds, the GuitarPort will not show up in the list under input and output?

Have you tried connecting the GuitarPOort to other USB ports on your Mac? Are you connecting the GuitarPort directly to a USB port on your Mac or do you have a USB hub connected in between the GuitarPort and the computer?

To check to see what version OS you have installed go to that little Apple icon again and click on "About this Mac". That will tell you what OSX version you have. Click on "More Info" and then click on "Software" on the left hand side of the vertical menu items. in the main window you should see something that says "64-Bit Kernel and Extensions.

If there is a "no" to the right of that then you are running in 32 bit mode.

Line6Miller

by ricksox on 2010-08-31 09:57:53

Hello,

It has been 48 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to re-open this thread with us and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

Line6Miller

by rayb24 on 2011-09-12 12:40:25

I had the same problem, this solved it wonderfully. Thanks

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.