These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

M9, Input jack shorting out.
by clemmert on 2010-08-24 15:22:49

Hi all, I'm using an M9 with a faulty input jack.  I'll be playing the device, and my volume will drop almost completely out.  If I reach underneath the 1/4" cable jack and lift up, I can get it to connect and continue at normal volume.  But it will short out again.

The last time I had this issue I tightened the jack with a ratchet, which worked for several weeks.  It doesn't seem to be working this time.

Is this an issues where I need to send the device in and have the jack replaced?  Or is there a fix I can make myself?

Thanks for you input and help.

RE: M9, Input jack shorting out.
by Kneehow on 2010-08-24 16:34:56

That happened on my personal unit. It turned out to be a loose solder joint past the input jack connection point.

If you're still within the first year of new product purchase, I recommend making a copy of your purchase receipt and getting the M9 to the nearest Authorized Line 6 Service Center in your area: http://line6.com/support/serviceCenters/

The tech(s) can check out the input jack and solder joints no charge to you and correct the issue without voiding your warrnty.

Regards,

L6Perry

Re: RE: M9, Input jack shorting out.
by clemmert on 2010-08-24 18:31:47

I don't live near a service center, but am getting an RMA to send to the factory.  Thanks for your help!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.