These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Driver installation problem
by bernstein_m on 2010-08-27 09:12:21

Hi  -   I just got my Studio GX and am trying to install on my  64-bit Win 7 lappie.If

The problem I have is with the  driver installation... I have tried this from Monkey and the installation file and all seems to go well - until the point when I plug in the USB device to the port. The problem is that teh "found new hardware"  doesn't appear (as per your Knowledge Base article). So at the end of the day the GX doesn't show in Pod Ftaase?eas plearm 2 and each time I open Monkey it tries yet again to install drivers. And fails.

Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Mike

+44 (0)1509 620323

Re: Driver installation problem
by CatalinaEddy on 2010-08-27 12:37:22

Does your W-7 operating system recognize the usb connection when you plug the GX unit in?  If not...you could try checking in Device Manager & verifying that there aren't any annoying little yellow warnings present in somewhere like USB Controllers and/or do a manual check for new devices either by right clicking on the parent tree in Dev Mgr & 'scan for hardware change' or just 'Add A Device' from Cont Pan>Hrdw&Sounds>Devices &Printers>Add A Device.  The system will perform a re-scan to see if anything is newly connected.

Red light on the GX unit?

by bernstein_m on 2010-09-04 07:44:04

Hi - Apologies for the absence..,. I was on holiday.

I have not yet been successful with my GX installation. The light on it is green.

I have captured some screen dumps. I hope something screams out at you as being wrong!

Many thanks.

by CatalinaEddy on 2010-09-04 09:33:05

Nice screenshots.  Under Sound>Playback properties, your GX is flagged as the Default Communications Device.  Try changing that to

just Default Device (properties>communications tab).  The Microphone in Recording properties is set to 'ready' status as well (possibly due to Communications Device...or a mic device is plugged in).  Might be causing a conflict.  I don't believe it's necessary to disable Stereo Mix either.

by bernstein_m on 2010-09-04 13:03:35

Thanks GC that did help. Signal now is getting to the software BUT not out of the speakers!  Nearly there I hope...

Please see attached file for screen shots.

M

RE: Driver installation problem
by laplayantonio on 2010-09-07 01:37:30

hello Mike

this is normal: you need connecting the LINE OUT to your sound system to hear the GX output

if you wish using your PC speakers, connect this out to your PC soundcard's input, or, if they're separate powered speakers, plug your speakers directly into it

line6antonio

Re: RE: Driver installation problem
by bernstein_m on 2010-09-08 00:05:50

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for the reply. I attached speakers and headphones to the line  out, checked they work for system sounds, and then tried in POD Farm 2. I can use the tuner, see the LEDs going up when I play the guitar, etc.

Sadly there's no signal there. Sorry about that... any ideas?

Thanks

by laplayantonio on 2010-09-08 02:49:13

hello Mike

as I see in the last screenshot on GX Installation.pptx, output signal shows as present in the Mixer part of PodFarm2

please check if the GX output is muted (or not selected) in the Windows mixer, I suspect this to be the reason

line6antonio

by bernstein_m on 2010-09-10 09:29:54

Hi

OK, there may be a misunderstanding. If I connect speakers to the line out/headphone on the GX then all's well. (But not the speakers on the computer.)

If that's normal behaviour then I'm fine.

Thanks for your help.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.