These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

MY M13'S LCDS ARE SCREWING UP.
by lestercruz on 2010-08-27 10:29:02

THIS IS MY SECOND LINE 6 M13.

I had my first one returned because it had a defect where the lcds would garble up and glitch. they said i should give it back to line 6 and have it replaced by my dealer. I did. I ordered my 1st line 6 m13 back in may, and i had to return it. my second line 6 m13 came in a week ago. THAT'S 2-3 MONTHS ALREADY. i was setting up my patches and AGAIN THE LCDS ARE GARBLED. I cannot afford to keep returning my m13 to line 6 all the time. I had to return it now and get a refund. I do not want to buy another m13 until the problem is resolved. I HONESTLY DO NOT WANT TO WASTE MY 400-500$ ON A PRODUCT THAT KEEPS SCREWING UP. OR AT LEAST RISK THE CHANCE OF IT SCREWING UP. So please line 6, come up with a fix already. It's very disheartening to see my effects go away.

PLEASE line 6, PLEASE. ITS VERY DISAPPOINTING.

very, very disappointing. :|

Re: RE: MY M13'S LCDS ARE SCREWING UP.
by ricksox on 2010-08-30 12:19:13

Hello,

As far as I'm aware, this isn't a known issue as stated. However, the fact that you have had two units exhibit the same behavior is a concern to me.

What I'd like to do is create a support ticket for you and see what we can do for you in regards to warranty repair or replacements.

I apologize for this as I know how frustrating it can be to have to deal with gear that is failing.

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link if a Line 6 support representative determines that a ticket is necessary to troubleshoot your issue. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support.

Please note: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host.

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

Edit: I missed the part where you said you returned it. If there is anything else we can do please let us know.

Line6Miller

by dschaaf on 2010-09-01 19:06:28

Hi, I noticed that since updating my firmware to 2.01 today (just bought the M13 yesterday) that the LCD's are acting weird. Some of the pixels are messed up and out of place but as soon as I turn a knob to tweak that parameter it corrects itself and then if I go to another pedal and come back to it...it;s till fine.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Derek

by Kornflake19 on 2010-09-01 21:25:15

dschaaf, the missing pixels are an addition to the 2.01 firmware.  They're used to indicate the heel and toe position of an expression pedal.  If you don't have an expression pedal, the missing pixels still show up sometimes, but if you were to plug it in and sweep through it you would see the bar adjust from the one missing pixel to the other.

It's actually a nice feature to have if you use an expression pedal to control your parameters.

Hope that clears it up for you.

by lestercruz on 2010-09-01 21:36:38

That is a very different issue.

and mods, please dont mark my thread as "answered".

here are pictures of my LCD Screwup, and im still wanting to buy an m13 but i know i cant because im afraid to get that problem. Was wondering by when will an issue fix come out?

Thanks

by dschaaf on 2010-09-02 04:19:14

Thanks KornFlake19...that is great to know and is definitely a nice feature!

Much appreciated!

Derek

by lestercruz on 2010-09-02 04:24:23

please dont threadjack, thanks

by Kornflake19 on 2010-09-02 17:47:29

Sorry about that lester.  I didn't know how to answer your question but did know the other one.  I didn't mean to turn attention away from your initial post, I was just trying to help out the other guy.

Good luck with the screen.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.