These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

POD Studio UX2 Output to Sound Card?
by rudy246 on 2010-08-27 21:36:21

Hi, I just got through installing my UX2 on my laptop and found that there doesn't seem to be any way to output the audio through my laptop's speakers.

I was wondering if there's a method to "fix" this. As I don't always have my 1/4" headphone adapter, I frequently just let audio from my DAW exit through my laptop speakers.

My DAW is FL Studio 9 XXL Producer Edition. When I select ASIO UX2 as my Audio Device, it has inputs, and one output, and I figure that output is just the Headphone port on the physical UX2. I can't actually test to see if that's the case because I don't currently have my 1/4" headphone adapter with me.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

-Rudy

RE: POD Studio UX2 Output to Sound Card?
by ricksox on 2010-08-30 15:26:23

Hello,

Typically, all USB/Firewire interfaces are designed to have either headphones or external speakers/studio monitors connected to them for monitoring and our POD Studio devices are no different.

I vaguely recall a 3rd party application that you may be able to download and install that will allow you to monitor your sounds through your laptop speakers but from what I remember, the latency may be pretty bad.

You may still want to give it a shot though.

http://www.box.net/shared/ta9jzzktp8

Line6Miller

Re: RE: POD Studio UX2 Output to Sound Card?
by rudy246 on 2010-08-30 15:39:20

Ah, I see. I actually discovered a method on my own while messing around with my DAW.

Apparently my ASIO4All driver can utilize the ASIO UX2 driver as well (or something like that). It allows me to take inputs from the UX2 and output through my regular sound card. The latency is only noticeable occasionally, which is nice.

I've since gotten my 1/4" headphone adapter back so now it's not even really an issue, mostly.

Thanks for the answer!

RE: POD Studio UX2 Output to Sound Card?
by ricksox on 2010-08-31 10:19:22

Cool man. No problem! Glad you found a suitable workaround.

Line6Miller

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.