These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

No sound audible when smallest buffer size/latency setting selected in Pod Farm 2.
by mattsetonend on 2010-09-02 01:12:57

I'm using the studio ux1 with podfarm 2.01. Everything seems to work fine, apart from when I select the 'Extra Small' buffer size in the hardware settings. When I select this, there is no sound from podfarm, nor from any other audio or videos etc, so I have to use the second smallest setting. There seems to be very little/no noticeable latency on the second smallest buffer setting, but it'd be nice to keep the buffer as small as possible! Everything is set to 44100 Hz/24 bit. I'm running Windows 7, Intel i5 core, 3.2 GHz. All other standard sound devices have been disabled. I've searched high and low for info on this to no avail, so can anyone out there tell me what the problem may be? Thanks...

Re: No sound audible when smallest buffer size/latency setting selected in Pod Farm 2.
by Rowbi on 2010-09-02 01:20:56

regardless of how powerful a PC is, there is an inherrent latency in all PCs.  if you can't get audio to pass at the lowest latency then your PC just can't copy with processing the audio that fast, so you'll have to stick to the next to lowest.

that setting is designed to find the best for all the different models of PC (of which there's too many to count).  I've got a really fast workstation, but I can't use the lowest setting because my system can't cope with it.

if you can't hear the latency, then stick with what works.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.