These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

Spider Jam Express vs Shortboard Pedal
by mrjay3 on 2010-09-06 13:50:29

I've been researching these posts and reading my manuals for an hour and haven't found a specific answer to my question yet.  Sorry if it's been posted but didn't find it.  I've got a Spider Jam and love it.  Now I want to be able to load internal recordings I've made (like backing tracks) by using a footswitch.  The Advanced Guide confirms that Bank Up/Down will load internal recordings with the Shortboard (in Jam Control Mode).  Before I plunk down the extra $100 my question is: Can the Express pedal load internal recordings?  I haven't seen any reference to this and I'm assuming that it won't since it doesn't have the Bank Up/Down switches but I'd like to get a hard confirmation that I didn't miss anything before spending my very precious music "allowance" (lol).  Thanks so much for any replies.  MisterJ

P.S to Line 6 - Would have been great to cover the Express Pedal funtionality in the Advanced Guide like you did for the Shortboard - just a suggetion...

Re: Spider Jam Express vs Shortboard Pedal
by joegillespie on 2010-09-06 14:13:02

I haven't used a Shorboard but I do have a FBV Express pedal. You can't load songs from anywhere with a pedal. You can only change presets or start/stop loops. The rest has to be done from the amp.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.