These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.
Guitar port not working with itunes
on 2010-09-09 17:06:37.3440
I recently started using my guitar port as my main sound card and for some reason whenever I listen to music with itunes the sound will cut out after a short time and the music will stop. I can't even start a new song, it doesnt do anything when i press play. Im using the latest drivers of everything. Does anyone know how to fix this?
RE: Guitar port not working with itunes
on 2010-09-14 10:04:22.9030
We are currently investigating a possible issue with our software drivers for Windows 7/Vista. Although they work perfectly fine on some machines with Windows 7/Vista, some users report getting artifacts in the audio such as static, glitches, noise, or dropping audio output. We have created a support announcement that we are updating bi-weekly to keep our customers up to date on this issue. The announcement is titled 'Support Bulletin for Drivers' and can be found at the following link in the announcement banner:
Here are some tips to try just in case your problem does not fall in the category above:
1. If you have not already done so, fill out your support profile athttp://line6.com/account/supportProfile/
2. Ensure that you have tested all cables to make sure that they are not defective (USB, audio, etc.)
3. Ensure that you have all cables connections set up properly
4. Adjust the Buffer Slider in the Line 6 Audio MIDI Control Panel. (Windows Users: Start/All Programs/Line6/Tools/Audio-MIDI Devices; Mac Users: System Preferences/Other/Audio-MIDI Devices)
5. Adjust Sample Rates and Bit Depths in the Line 6 Audio MIDI Control Panel and ensure that the Sample Rates and Bit Depth settings in the Line 6 Audio MIDI Control Panel also match the project settings in your DAW/recording application
6. Ensure that you have the Line 6 device set up in your operating system as the main input/output device (sound card); disable internal sound card in your operating system’s Device Manager control panel
7. Ensure that your Line 6 USB Device is not connected to a powered USB hub; direct USB ports are required and please try ALL available direct USB ports during the troubleshooting process
8. Remove all non-essential USB peripherals from the computer (not the mouse or keyboard)
9. Disable any wireless cards on computer in Device Manager
10. Set Power Schemes on computer in Control Panel (PC Only) to Always On
11. There are also several other tips and optimizations you can make on your PC. Please refer to the following document for more information:
The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.