These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

is there a difference in audio quality in recording between Pod x3 and Studio ux2 ?
by goribigon on 2010-09-10 04:38:12

hello,

are my guitar recordings going to sound better on the pod x3, or it has better sound quality than the ux2 ?

Re: is there a difference in audio quality in recording between Pod x3 and Studio ux2 ?
by Triryche on 2010-09-10 07:44:20

It depends on how you plan to record.

Re: is there a difference in audio quality in recording between Pod x3 and Studio ux2 ?
by goribigon on 2010-09-10 08:10:08

with the guitar straight into x3\ux2

by Triryche on 2010-09-10 08:46:32

But what after the ux/x3, into an amp and then mic?

But I'm guess straight to you pc?

IMHO, if you can afford, I would go fo rthe X3, it is much more powerfully hardware wise.

Also, the X3 can be used without a computer.

As far as passing audio via USB, I think the X3 has a better A/D convertor.

Will it be noticable in a final mix?? Not sure.

But, if you are going to recording the dry (while montoring the wet) and applying the plug-in (post processing), then final product will be very close.

The one thing you can do with the UX2 that you can not do on the X3 in real-time is the flexibiliy of the siganl chain with POD Farm 2.

In POD Farm2 direct monitoring you can have upto 10 effects in any order ber signal chain.

But with the PF2 Plug-In you can do it with either.

by goribigon on 2010-09-10 08:57:19

yes, straight to you pc, after the ux2\x3.

and what about latency, there's gonna be any difference ?

by Triryche on 2010-09-10 10:41:22

As far as monitoring the real-time "wet" signal, the is usually no issues with latency with the X3 because X3 does not use your pc to process the sound.

The UX2 is more likely to run into latency issues, not to say that it will, but it uses the pc to process the real-time sound.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.