These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Pod Studio GX help required
by Jonesey79 on 2010-09-16 12:46:15

I recently bought a Pod Studio GX with Pod Farm to use on my imac.  The standalone application works fine.  However, I can't launch Pod Farm as a plug in within Garageband.  When I try, it says that no device is connected, or that the device is not authorised.  I have tried launching Line 6 Monkey to sort this, but Line 6 Monkey doesn't detect my GX.  This isn't a USB issue as the standalone application works with absolutely no issues.

Can someone please assist.

Thanks

Re: Pod Studio GX help required
by Jonesey79 on 2010-09-16 15:01:03

UPDATE

I downloaded the POD FARM2 from the Line 6 website, and at least now Line 6 Monkey detects my GX.  Both Pod Farm and Pod Farm 2 are showing as activated in Line 6 Monkey.  However I still cannot open Pod Farm or Pod Farm 2 as a plug in in either Garageband or Riffworks, and get an error stating a license authorization is required. 

I am trying to follow the steps under 'How DO I Activate My License' from the following:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4738

However,since I have Pod Farm as a bundle with the GX, I don't have a license key.  Can someone from Line 6 support please let me know what I need to do to use Pod Farm as a plugin for Garageband, which was the whole point of me buying it.

I have looked on the internet and there are several accounts of people having the same problem.  It is frustrating to say the least that Line 6 do not provide proper instructions or guidance on how to use their products.  It certainly isn't a straightforward process.

RE: Pod Studio GX help required
by Line6Hugo on 2010-09-21 10:33:35

In the Activate Purchase windows asking for a license key, please type in the word:

refresh

all in lower case letters.

I read what you said about the USB port, but just do the following to properly troubleshoot: Please disconnect all other USB devices (except for a mouse/keyboard, and the GX) while trouble shooting this problem. Completely remove ANY USB hubs, even if not in use, and test the GX on all of the computer's USB ports when testing the Plug-in.

Let us know if the problem persists.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.