These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Bass POD / Bass PODxt

pedal won't register full value after calibraition/reset
by KAL82TTT on 2010-09-17 14:04:54

I've got a Bass Pod xt live. Here is the problem. Even after updating it, calibrating it multiple times, and small animal sacrifices to the effects pedal gods, I can not get the expression/wah to register full value. It is stuck from 0% to a max of 33% sometimes 35% before it clicks the button underneath. I can not get it to go from 0% to 100%. Has anyone else encountered this problem? The Line 6 rep today concluded it may be a hardware problem. Before I go opening my wallet to a service center, I figured I'd ask you fine folks!

Also. I have had this set before. (the 0-100 thing) then one night the volume pedal quit all together. It would not function. I recalibrated, turned it on and off without recalibrating. Nada. Frustrated, I unplugged it for the night. At the end of practice, I plugged it back in for sheets and giggles and it was fine. All would be well except between being frustrated and giving up, I did a factory reset that didn't fix the volume pedal thing either and lost the effects I tweaked. This problem hasn't happened since but the 0%-!00% thing I need to figure out. The wah does virtually nothing and I'm sure the mod or delay tweak settings must be all kinds of crazy fun!

HELP!

Thanks!

-Kevin

Re: pedal won't register full value after calibraition/reset
by KAL82TTT on 2010-09-22 16:17:23

So, after a quick repost on another forum, I got the cajones to open it up and have a look since both a Line 6 phone-guy and a "forumite" suggeted that the problem is probably mechanical and not a software or firmware problem. There is an advisory on the pedal. Something to the effect of "risk of electrical shock! chassis should only be opened by a qualified repair technician".....So...I qualified myself!!! Here's what I found. The "mechanical" aspect of what makes the expression work is actually pretty high tech. There is a flat metal piece that is connected to the foot-pedal that moves over a tiny optical sensor. After some fiddling, moving it closer and further away from the sensor, and another recalibration, PROBLEM SOLVED!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.