These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: XD-V Digital Wireless Microphones

wireless mic forums

Multiple xd-s system Used in real life?
by Marseneau on 2010-09-18 12:04:17

Hi  I need to purchase 8 wireless system for a musical show. (6 hand held and 2 body pack with headworn mics). I was going to purchase the shure SLX 24 sm 58 units at $700 each until I saw these new XD system. I nevere owned any line 6 product so I really don't know wihat to expect from these.  I have a few questions about these new units.  Has anyone in this formum owned some shure slx models and tried these new line6 xd mics and could give their comment and appreciation of them?  Is there anyone who successfully used multiple of these new system already and daisy chanined them( 6 system or more)? If yes, what was the result? Sometimes, a wireless mic works fine alone but starts to get interference when you use many system toogeter.  Thanks  Marcel

Re: Multiple xd-s system Used in real life?
by dboomer on 2010-09-18 22:36:21

Yes they do.  It's called IM distortion.  Line 6 digital mics are completely free from the effects of IM distortion.  It can't happen with a digital system.

by Marseneau on 2010-09-24 07:33:01

Thanks for your reaply but I'm afraid this doesn't really answer my main question and concern which is:  Has anyone successfully tried and used multiple of these system (8 or more) in a real life situation with a full band and a lot of signers at the same time.  Thanks  Marcel

by dboomer on 2010-09-24 08:04:31

Well I have used 12 with a band but I doubt many other users have at this point because they have only been released for sale for a couple of weeks.  I'm not sure how many users that have read these boards and could answer.  You could do a google search for XD-V70 reviews and keep an eye out there.

I imagine in light of yesterday's new FCC ruling that we will be becoming very popular in a big hurry :-)

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.