These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

Cannot format SD card, says SD card Read Only.
by maseo-uridel on 2010-09-19 15:07:26

Card is formatted FAT File system (NOT FAT32). Tried various cards, brand new cards. SJ wont let me save mixdowns to WAV on Card, won't let me format card via SJ. However i was able to use SD cards to update firmware? Card is in the unlocked position. Tried 2gb and 1gb. Anything i do relating to SD card system responds "SD card is Read Only". Not sure what the issue is !!

HELP!

Re: Cannot format SD card, says SD card Read Only.
by Iangw on 2010-09-20 01:00:54

Read This http://line6.com/community/thread/44218?tstart=0

by maseo-uridel on 2010-10-01 19:02:31

Hey ianpdq - thanks for taking the time to post the that link. Would love to tell you that was helpful, sadly it was not helpful at all as i did RTFM forward and backward and read the threads that were out there. Non of which had a solution to the problem. BY THE WAY i did all this before my post.

With the exception of those folks that went out and purchased other cards and got it to work ... i was not so lucky yet. I'm on my 3rd card of various brands, all 2GB - still get the same error.

Anyone with helpful suggestion is greatly appriciated ... as i appriciated ianpdq's time.

by Iangw on 2010-10-02 01:00:27

Have you read this http://www.joesjamblog.com/save2.html

by maseo-uridel on 2010-10-02 06:36:17

Yes i did - that's how i find out about the FAT or FAT16 formatting (the advances guide didnt even get in to that i believe).

Un less im completey blind .. the advanced manual only shows how to format the card with the amp's formatting function (which is a no brainer .. stick it in, press save, scroll to format card, select yes .. really i dont think i'm doing anything wrong there - haha), however there is no troubleshooting section which is frustrating, considering that seems that the card issues are popular.

by Iangw on 2010-10-02 14:30:14

This may sound stupid but is the write protect switch on on the card just a thought

by maseo-uridel on 2010-10-02 16:45:29

Hahaha! i can definitly appriciate that question.. usually my first one .. "is it plugged in?"  Yeah - the lock is off. All the cards worked fine on my lap top i can transfer data on and off of the card w/o issues.  USB would have been a much better choice, maybe next generation.

I think what i'll do is go back to retailer with a card and try other ones, that's what warranty is for. I just didnt want to go back to the retailer sniffling with out exhausting all other options. Thanks again !!

by Iangw on 2010-10-03 05:38:22

I use these http://direct.asda.com/SanDisk-2GB-SD-Memory-Card/000626264,default,pd.html?cm_mmc=gb-_-merch-_-40852-_-SD4031

by maseo-uridel on 2010-10-03 08:24:24

Got that same excact card.

by joegillespie on 2010-10-04 05:31:25

Try formatting the card using a computer (FAT16) - but do it ten times. It shouldn't take long. Then try it on the Spider Jam. Often, when nothing else works, a multiple-format solves the problem.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.