These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Toneport UX8 2nd Headphone Out
by EmDeeArr on 2009-04-08 14:36:27

I've been using my Toneport UX8 for a couple weeks now and I've only got one problem...  The 2nd headphone out is almost inaudible at full volume, where the same headphones work perfectly in the 1st headphone out.  Anybody had this problem or know something I'm missing?

Re: Toneport UX8 2nd Headphone Out
by laplayantonio on 2009-04-09 03:10:29

yes you do: read the writing on the front: 3-4

this outputs the 3-4 outs, not the 1-2; this is of use to setup a different headphone mix in your DAW for the musicians...

please read the GearBox help, everything's in there...

cheers

by EmDeeArr on 2009-04-09 08:34:43

I've tried adjusting the mix for output 3-4 using Line 6 Audio-MIDI Devices 3.34 but still nothing happens.  I don't even get any level when I select Outputs 3-4.  Unfortunately my uniot didn't come with a manual, don't ask me why I bought it new at a music store but there was no manual in it.

by AndyParedes on 2009-04-09 13:20:00

Hello,

Here is an except from the manual:

"Headphone outputs 1-2 and 3-4 provide duplicate stereo outputs or Main Outs 1-2 and 3-4 respectively, providing discrete control over output levels sent over the headphone jacks. Note that headphone output levels are controlled independently of the Main volume control."

The manual is included in gearbox (hit the F1 key) as well as a free download directly from the website, here is the link:

Gearbox Program manual

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4839

Line6Andy

Please be sure to award Helpful and Correct points to community members who respond with helpful or correct answers!

by pinguinotuerto on 2009-12-13 18:07:06

The responses that both Line6 Andy and Line6 Miller have posted regarding this issue leave a lot to be desired.  Your customers deserve better than quoting the manual or telling them to read the manual (which incidentally is very vague regarding this issue). Someone who might not be extremely familiar with recording gear needs a little bit more guidance than just repeating what the manual says. Besides, the control panel is very counter-intuitive and could use some re-designing, and the posted screen shots (by Miller in another post) only address input monitoring, not playback.  The way to control what you hear out of the 2nd headphone output is not only with the Line 6 Control Panel (which allows you to hear your inputs), but also via your recording software.  You would have to set up a bus within your recording program and then select outs 3-4 of your UX8 as the outs for that bus, then you would be able to hear whatever you send to that bus through the 2nd set of headphones along with your input. Line 6, how about some points and some real Windows 7 drivers!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.