These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

Can I loop vocals on a M13, like Kele Okereke from bloc party does with a DL4?
by Giax1974 on 2010-09-27 20:10:58

Dear L6 friends:

I was thinking to get a m13 to replace my podx3live, and I want to know if you can do vocals looping like Kele Okereke from bloc party does with a DL4?

See link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtjyXxIL8ac

Whatwould be the route for a mic? What would be the easier way to connect a mic?  without XL3 inputs, it should come from a mixer with phantom?

If its possible, and if I got the vocal loop that I am Ok with, Can I store it in the M13 memory for live performance? Is that possible? Does M13 has a memory to store loops?

I really like the M13, it will be great to use it with my Mesa (4CM), and the looper is very attractive, but if It can loop also vocals, it will absolutely unbelievable!!!!

Please let me know, and, thanks for time!

Giax

Re: RE: Can I loop vocals on a M13, like Kele Okereke from bloc party does with a DL4?
by Kneehow on 2010-09-29 14:09:34

Hi,

1. What would be the easier way to connect a mic?

Yes, a mixer with XLR inputs and Phantom Power (if you're using a Condenser Mic).

2. If its possible, and if I got the vocal loop that I am Ok with, can I store it in the M13 memory for live performance?

No. When you power off the M13, loop buffer content is erased. There is no way of permanently saving what has being created in the Looper after power is removed.

Regards,

L6Perry

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.