These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

KB37 stopped working, only flashing "Clip" lights
by david411 on 2010-09-28 19:01:39

Tried everything, different USB slots, through a hub, reinstalled drivers, all I get are flashing clip lights, no yellow lighted meters, nothing else, just a constant flashing as soon as I plug it in. It is recognized, tries to auto-run the driver but fails, even though latest driver is installed anyways. Windows detect the item, reads that the recent driver is loaded, but still says there is something wrong with it (but it can't detect any problems).

Re: KB37 stopped working, only flashing "Clip" lights
by net48734 on 2010-09-29 15:44:01

I would uninstall everything. Monkey, driver, firmware. Go into device manager and make sure some IRQ setting didnt get whacked or conflict for some wierd reason. Hook it all back up, reinstall driver and make sure you reinstall firmware and USB. Doesnt sound like a 'driver' issue. Driver is what makes the sounds and runs the sounds properly. This sounds like a USB or firmware problem. Id try to reinstall both.

by david411 on 2010-10-01 21:46:04

What am I looking for when I check the IRQ? More importantly, how do I do that? Is updating firmare and reloading the USB drivers the same thing?

RE: KB37 stopped working, only flashing "Clip" lights
by Line6david on 2010-10-04 10:26:25

Hi,

Flashing lights on the KB37 indicate that the unit cannot find it's drivers. Reloading drivers for the KB37 should fix this issue.

You can download the latest versions for free off of our website:

http://line6.com/software/

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: KB37 stopped working, only flashing "Clip" lights
by david411 on 2010-11-06 11:37:17

Do you guys at Line 6 even READ the body of the postings? I clearly stated I already tried that....

by david411 on 2010-11-06 13:02:26

UPDATE: I tried plugging the KB37 into my friend's Mac and it is doing the exact same thing.... I'm thinking there is something fundamentally wrong with the KB37, nothing to do at all with the computer actually, which is unfortunate, and limits my chances of actually resolving this issue.

RE: KB37 stopped working, only flashing "Clip" lights
by ricksox on 2010-11-08 16:03:03

Hello,

If you connected the KB37 to another computer and tried installing the drivers but still are experiencing this issue then chances are this is a hardware related failure.

The KB37 can be taken to an authorized service center and repaired. I'd suggest you contact your nearest service center and arrange a repair.

http://line6.com/service_centers/

Lien6Miller

Re: RE: KB37 stopped working, only flashing "Clip" lights
by robertsaghir on 2012-10-24 00:16:48

Hello ,

I have the line 6 kb37 since 2009 and im used to it and now all of a sudden i face the same problem everyone is facing

and in my country there are no line 6 service center , im in Lebanon.

if it has hardwarep roblem ? can it be fixed by an electronic technician?

i really love this piece of line 6 !

Thanks,

Rob

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.