These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: JM4 Looper

Just purchased JM4 and upgraded firmware to DSP 2.09 / MCU 1.05 and now it keeps rebooting!
by alfseegert on 2010-09-29 18:09:29

Hi at LINE 6,

I just purchased the JM4 Looper and upgraded the firmware to DSP 2.09 / MCU 1.05. It upgraded just fine (or so it said) but now it keeps rebooting all the time!

I record for a couple minutes and then it just reboots to the LINE6, just as if I had turned it off and on again. Keeps happening and is unusable this way. Very frustrating. Can you help?

Thank you!

RE: Just purchased JM4 and upgraded firmware to DSP 2.09 / MCU 1.05 and now it keeps rebooting!
by Kneehow on 2010-10-01 15:20:20

Hi,

Updating JM4 firmware shouldn't be a difficult thing to do, but there are several points of potential difficulty that we at Line 6 cannot "control":

1. The SD Card an end user has purchased/is using. It does need to be a Standard SD card less than 2 Gigabytes in size, formatted to FAT filesystem.

2. The fw.bin file you grab from our server at http://www.line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=2381is the raw system firmware. If you have Anti-Virus actively scanning the download, this CAN cause corruption in the raw data, which in turn can cause a symptom like the one you've described.

I'm willing to bet changing one of the two mentioned points above should take care of your issue. There is, of course the possibility of a hardware issue in the JM4, but before jumping to that conclusion, you should try again with the recommendations I've provided in mind.

Let us know.

Regards,

L6Perry

Re: RE: Just purchased JM4 and upgraded firmware to DSP 2.09 / MCU 1.05 and now it keeps rebooting!
by monisbaig on 2012-08-08 03:28:41

Hello

I have lost all the songs and drums while upgrading the software ...... can u please help me with that .... or from how can i get back all the drums and songs ..

Please help me ...

Regards

Monis

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.