These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Explain "Set Lists" to me...
by guitars69 on 2010-10-01 09:31:43

I get the general idea... 8 set lists, 64 presets/patches each...

How is this different than using preset 1-64 and 65-128 etc?

I can see an advantage of not having to tap the bank up/down to patch 312 and all but is there any other advantage I'm not getting?

Do Set Lists allow you to have separate global settings?  For example, can I set up these 3 Set Lists?

1) Gigs

Combo Power Amp & Stack Power Amp

2) Recording

Studio/Direct

3) DT50

Studio/Direct with only "Pre" models

As an aside... Do you think we should set up with Combo Power Amp & Stack Power Amp mode first if connecting to the DT50?  I imagine yes, since the 4x12 speaker cabinet will not be FRFR

Re: Explain "Set Lists" to me...
by TheRealZap on 2010-10-01 09:49:51

if i remember correctly no usb sound gets passed accross the L6 LINK anyway so the DT50 doesnt need to be FRFR in that respect.

by guitars69 on 2010-10-01 09:55:22

I'm not sure that's correct...

From the manual:

Note that this Mode setting affects the signal fed to several POD HD500 outputs: Balanced, Unbalanced & Phones outputs as well as USB Record Send & L6 LINK audio outputs.

Based on that, Studio Direct mode sends a cabinet and mic sim to the L6 Link output too, so your cab SHOULD be FRFR for clearest results.

by TheRealZap on 2010-10-01 10:13:49

just double checked....

according to the box in the advanced user guide for the HD500 on section 15-2

all usb audio is muted when using the L6 Link with a DT50

by Vettaville-nl on 2010-10-01 10:19:32

Hi Zapenc,

I guess he's not using the USb on stage, he'susing the 1/4" out and XLR, besides the L6 LINK

cheers

- Hans

by TheRealZap on 2010-10-01 10:26:21

i'm not sure where i got usb from... other than that's the only way i would think to get info into the DT50 that would benefit from FRFR....

otherwise all the HD/DT is in the guitar realm which is where the speakers reside... not the FRFR realm.

anyway... sorry if i misunderstood the inquiry....

by guitars69 on 2010-10-01 10:27:59

Yeah I wasn't thinking USB.  No biggie.

Still wondering if Set Lists can let you easily switch from studio patches to live patches without having to go into the global settings back and forth?

RE: Explain "Set Lists" to me...
by Line6Hugo on 2010-10-05 09:19:35

guitars69,

The setlists all share the same Output mode across the board. So, if you have the output mode set to Studio Direct, it will show up as studio direct in all of the other setlists.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Re: RE: Explain "Set Lists" to me...
by guitars69 on 2010-10-05 11:26:13

OK.

So Set Lists are just an easy way to organize the 512 presets?  They don't seem to serve any other purpose from what I can see.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.