These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

simultaneous effects?
by ice9mike on 2010-10-01 11:02:40

is it possible to run more than one distortion or modulation effect at the same time with the hd500?

Re: simultaneous effects?
by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-10-01 11:16:33

Yep - you can run any effect in any of the 8 available effect slots subject to DSP capacity.  If you want to run 8 distortions at once you can.

Hope this helps

Nick

by ice9mike on 2010-10-01 23:32:07

Nick,

Thanks for the quick reply. This is a big improvement from the Pod X3. My biggest complaint with the X3 was that you could not run two stompbox pedals at the same time (like distortion and compression).

I am still a bit concerned how the dynamic DSP capacitiy will handle dual tones with several effects. I think I will ask in that thread about practical experiences.

Thanks again,

ice9mike

by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-10-02 00:32:50

No worries Mike.  I just answered your other question in the other thread.  Careful choices in terms of amp/cab models and whether you use the FULL or PRE versions along with your effects choices will allow you to do pretty much what you want, but sometimes you will exceed the DSP limits.

Nick

by mmonti on 2010-10-02 08:21:28

ice9mike,

Actually you can run 2 at the same time, you just need to use dual tones, I had this same thought at first then realized with dual tones I could add that 2nd effect on another patch, turn off everything else (or not) and jam. What the X3 is lacking in the fx end is the ability to put them in the order "I" want them in not what a sound engineer said is the "best" or "proper" way. anyways, hope that helps.

Mike

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.