These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

M9 Issue - Entering Loop Mode Randomly
by ToneBum on 2010-10-04 15:21:09

Line 6,

Up until now, my M9 has been great. But recently it will randomly enter loop mode in the middle of a gig/session/rehearal. I captured the problem on camera for you to better understand the issue. In this case, it occured right after tapping in a tempo for a delay (this is when it happens most often) but it has also happened other times wihtout me touching the tap pedal at all. The metal switch seems to be working fine (not getting stuck down) so that leaves me thinking it may be a software issue or an internal harware issue. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr1Ji34Yt5Y

DevanBumstead

RE: M9 Issue - Entering Loop Mode Randomly
by Line6david on 2010-10-05 17:04:51

Hi,

Have you tried a factory reset on the M13?

Press and hold Looper Controls to enter the setup menu. In FX UNIT 4, turn the Model Select knob until the corresponding display shows RST FACT. Press down on the Model Select knob twice to complete the reset.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: M9 Issue - Entering Loop Mode Randomly
by ToneBum on 2010-10-06 06:44:20

Ahhh, except that I have a M9, not a M13 so I don't have a FX4....I'll look up how to do a system restart on the M9 and try that.

by ToneBum on 2010-10-06 07:46:58

Nope, a factory reset and a flash memory reset did not fix the issue...so is it possibly an issue with the switch internally?

RE: M9 Issue - Entering Loop Mode Randomly
by Line6Hugo on 2010-10-07 10:23:17

Re-installing the flash memory was my next recommendation, but if that did not work, it will need to go to an authorized service center as it seems there is a hardware problem with the M9.

http://line6.com/service_centers/

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by ToneBum on 2010-10-08 08:22:21

That's what I figured. There's a service center by me so I'll pursue that route. For anyone else having this issue, I'll report back after I get it serviced and let you know what the source of the issue was.

Re: M9 Issue - Entering Loop Mode Randomly
by ToneBum on 2010-10-23 14:17:29

Line 6,

First off, my issue has not been resolved. Secondly, since I cannot contact any listed service center in my area, I requested an RMA form from you on Tuesday (10/18/10) but have not yet heard a response. When should I expect to be contacted?

Devan

by ToneBum on 2010-12-11 16:00:01

L6 PLEASE READ!!!!

I was able to find a local authorised L6 service tech in my area (Mars Amp Repair, Englewood, Colorado http://www.marsamprepair.com/)and gave them my M9 to repair. I finally got my pedal back after a TWO MONTH wait, and as it turns out, the problem DID NOT GET SOLVED!!! I really don't want to go back to that tech because I can't afford to wait another 2 months for them not to solve the problem again!

They replaced all 7 lightpipes and the main circuit board but clearly the problem was something else. Needless to say, the thing that ticks me off the most is that they clearly didn't spend any amount of time testing the pedal after they replaced the parts because the issue occurred within 5 minutes of me turning on the pedal.

WHAT DO I DO NOW? My 1 year warranty will expire in January and I NEED to get it taken care of before then.

by bassman60 on 2010-12-14 16:41:35

If you reported the problem, had it serviced under the warranty and it didn't get fixed before the warranty ran out, they oughta, really oughta honor the warranty for that one issue. I can't believe Line 6 would say, 'it didn't get fixed before the warranty ran out, you're outta luck.'

by bobburnett9 on 2011-02-12 14:58:34

I've had the same problem happen on gigs. I reported it months ago but Line 6 suggested it was user error.

by ToneBum on 2011-02-14 09:25:34

Finally, the issue is solved. After sending it to an authorised L6 tech in my area and getting it back UNrepaired, I got L6 to agree to take a look at it. They were able to fix the problem by replacing the tap tempo switch...easy as that I guess. The nightmare is over and my M9 works as it should again. Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.