These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Pod Farm 1.12 Plugin in Reaper 64: No longer reamping audio
by bigasssuperstar on 2010-10-06 20:00:43

I've been working on a lot of music in recent weeks in Reaper 64-bit on Windows 7 64.

Using Pod Farm 1.12 plugin, multiple instances, with my PodXT as my 'dongle'.

Great success and fine results until this week, when I suddenly can't get Pod Farm to process the audio.

I noticed when going to adjust a mix that all my guitars were just the unprocessed dry tracks.

Opening the plugin, I can change the parameters -- presets, amps/cabs/effects on/off, etc. -- but the sound doesn't change. (Seems to take a little longer to switch presets than I remember before, if that matters.)

I know the plugin "has" the audio, because turning the in/out left/right knobs in Pod Farm turns the sound up/down/left/right -- but there's no .. y'know, *AMP* or effect in the audio. I'm just getting my dry sound.

I've used Monkey to ... well, update Monkey, drivers and reinstall Pod Farm to the latest version.

Running latest Reaper.

Other relevant drivers are up to date and humming along nicely.

Searched google, these forums and cockos-reaper forums for insight.

Yes, this is happening on more than one Reaper project.

Halp?

Re: Pod Farm 1.12 Plugin in Reaper 64: No longer reamping audio
by bigasssuperstar on 2010-10-06 21:29:39

Update:

Digging further, I noticed some amps were blanked out -- transparent, really. Shut off. Weird. Tried to turn them on, and in some cases it made no difference. In others, it said those amps weren't authorized.

Went into Monkey, and it told me I needed to authorize the computer. Weird. Did so.

Then attempted to do the 'REFRESH' authorization on Pod Farm. That failed, saying it couldn't write to the firmware?

Now all my model packs have become deauthorized and Pod Farm isn't showing up under 'Optional Add Ons', even though it's listed under installed applications under 'Updates'. Attempting to authorize my model packs has failed.

So, now reinstalling the flash memory and wishing I was in bed instead.

by bigasssuperstar on 2010-10-06 22:03:48

Update update: Yarrg.

Methinks tomorrow will be a complete uninstall of everything Line 6 and try again, unless someone has clever insight.

Here's where I'm at: (image)

Refreshed flash memory. Refreshed USB firmware.

Tried to refresh model packs, and got the error you see in the image.

And Pod Farm, the plugin I started out trying to diagnose and fix, doesn't even show as something I can authorize, even though the 'Updates' tab shows it's installed.

by bigasssuperstar on 2010-10-07 18:29:38

Oh good gravy.

Some more frustration and even deeper searching leads me to believe this is, somehow, a motherboard-related problem.

A thread at http://line6.com/community/message/143456#143456points to a problem with the ASUS P7P55D mobo.

Another thread at http://line6.com/community/message/174344#174344also mentions the same board.

Well, I have the 55D-E. Bleh!

I've hooked my PodXT up to my netbook -- an Asus, btw -- and loaded up Monkey etc., and have restored my model packs.

Now to bring it back over to the main PC and see if it'll play nicely. If not, I guess it'll be time to buy another USB card or cannibalize one from ... oo, come to think of it, I have one in my previous PC, bought just because of previous Pod/USB ordeals!

If this no fixy, I be back.

by bigasssuperstar on 2010-10-07 19:45:14

Alright, back to normal now, 64-bit Reaper and all.

What started the problem? Dunno.

What solved it? Coming at it again on a different computer with a different motherboard. I now have a Via USB card in my computer. Yay, four more USB ports that I don't need, but if it makes my Pod work again, so be it.

Thanks to all for helping.

by bigasssuperstar on 2012-02-18 17:57:45

No idea if this will bump back up, but I went looking for a solution to a current problem -- and realize I've had it before. Can't figure out how to fix it now.

Symptoms:
- Was using Pod Farm 1.12 in Reaper 64 v4.151 under Windows 7 64, with PodXT as the dongle. Love it.

- Tried to switch presets and went BSOD.

- Now Pod Farm won't process audio.

Well, mostly. Mostly completely. The effects don't work. The amps don't work. The meters show audio going through it and the pan and level pots in the Pod Farm GUI work -- just no amp, effects, etc.

Solutions I've tried (and more than once, in assorted orders of operation):

- deauthorize/reauthorize PodXT and computer (as explained elsewhere in this thread, my mobo doesn't like doing this, so had to do the Pod deauth/reauth on another machine)

- removed, reinserted Pod Farm on tracks

- uninstall Pod Farm, reinstall Pod Farm

- uninstall Pod Farm, delete directories and files left behind after Line 6 Uninstaller's uninstall, reinstall Pod Farm

- attempt to use Pod Farm in 32 and 64 bit flavors of Reaper

- tried installing Pod Farm using older drivers included in installation, as per suggestions in a thread by this guy, who seemed to be having the same problem: http://line6.com/support/thread/25828

-tried various USB ports

No joy.

Thoughts?

by boogagiga on 2012-02-23 08:10:41

I'm having the same problem after upgrading my PC including the motherboard. It sounds like you originally fixed the problem by getting an addon USB card, so I just ordered one...

Are you saying that even while using that USB card, you have the problem again?

Just a note, someone else on this forum actually had hardware failure on his/her device with similar behavior, and needed to send it in for fixing. It might be possible that your current problem is not a USB communications problem anymore, as you already had fixed that, and is now a hardware problem....

by JoeFX69 on 2012-02-23 08:45:54

Can I ask, are you guys getting audio through your Line 6 hardware if you are using it as an interface.

Im experiencing a similar problem, but everything was fine before I updated my KB37 Hardware

by Triryche on 2012-02-23 10:13:48

You need to start a new thread and mark it as a question.

Since this thread is answered, it is virtually invisble to Line6 reps.

by bigasssuperstar on 2012-02-28 19:25:37

Will do. Merci.

by bigasssuperstar on 2012-02-28 20:56:01

My next move, if I can't find a simpler answer from reposting the question as a question, will be to re-cannibalize the USB card from the machine it moved to. Currently having the problem with the onboard USB.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.