These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: BackTrack / MIDI Mobilizer

Dead ends everywhere: how does one learn to use the Bismark Bs-16i with MIDI Mobilizer on an iPhone?
by dmlyon on 2010-10-07 14:18:13

Hello,

I have made an attempt use my MIDI Mobilizer, my iPhone, and the Bismark Bs-16i app.  But, I am failing miserably in an attempt to add sound files to use with Bs-16i.  (I have the Nlog MIDI Synth app and it works well.) I must confess that I am definitely in over my head with Bs-16i.  However, there appears to be almost no information on how to use it anywhere and I want to learn how to use it.  Here's a summary of my efforts that may help you point me in the right direction.  I would really appreciate it.

What I'm trying to do

-Add MIDI files to the Bs-16i iPhone app such as grand piano and organ

What I've done to learn how to use Bs-16i with MIDI Mobilizer

-Connected the MIDI Molizer with my keyboard controller and my iPhone; it all works flawlessly with the sound file(s) included with the app

-Searched the iTunes App Store for WiFi file sharing apps and found some

-Searched the Line 6 web site

-Searched the Bismark web site (It's in Portuguese)

-Searched YouTube (I've found one or two recent Bs-16i vids)

-Searched Google

What I've accomplished

-Zero, zip, nada

I clearly do not know either generally or specifically what is required to add sound files.  As a result, I have no results.  Also, I do have an iPad and would like to eventually duplicate this project on it.

What should I do?

Re: Dead ends everywhere: how does one learn to use the Bismark Bs-16i with MIDI Mobilizer on an iPhone?
by cntrung on 2010-12-24 12:48:03

use bs-16I is easy .. it is a great portable sampler

You can import files giga, halion.kontack through Extreme Sample Converter

and convert your file into DLS

Bs-16i support file DLS

I am currently using BS-16I to perform live with Midimobiliize and iPodTouch

I love Midimobiliize

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.