These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vetta

Problem getting flash drive update on vetta II combo
by JoeElliott88 on 2009-04-09 13:09:30

I have a m-audio uno MIDI interface cable with the latest drive version (5.2.3.016) for windows xp,  the problem is I have tried numerous times to update the flash drive on my amp but when I get to the part where it is complete I hit the save button and nothing happens,  I then power the amp off the on, still a blank screen.  I have tried everything I can find on the web and everything else I can think of,  Please if anyone has any ideas please let me know  I am very frusterated that I can't play my amp...    Thank You.

Re: Problem getting flash drive update on vetta II combo
by ParkerFlyMajik on 2009-04-10 01:35:38

Are you using Monkey?

by JoeElliott88 on 2009-04-10 03:38:40

Yes I am using the current version of monkey 1.27.        Do you think it is a windows xp compatablitly problem??

by ParkerFlyMajik on 2009-04-10 03:56:41

No. That's what I have and I've never had an issue.

I remember in the old days of sysex transfer, having to alter the bit rate or some such thing but with monkey everything is automatic.

Weird. Make sure you aren't closing the app early or pulling cables too soon. Otherwise, I'm stumped.

by JoeElliott88 on 2009-04-10 08:57:41

the only thing i can think of is that monkey is not reconizing the amp right away.   the forum says to make sure  the drivers for the interface are installed correctly.  How do I make sure that they are?????when i see if there are drivers for the vetta combo on the line 6 web site it says that there is no new updates avaliable for windows xp... I have also noticed when i got to line 6 monkey properties and then go to compatability   windows xp is no where to be found  it only goes to windows 2000..   Do you think that is an issue..   i downloaded the line 6 monkey that said it was for windows xp unless they have labeled it wrong

by AndyParedes on 2009-04-10 11:06:03

Hello,

Did you download the M-audio drivers (and the correct drivers) directly from their website?  Are the cables connected correctly?  See the following Line 6 Vetta tutorial for more information:

Vetta Software Update/Reflash Procedure

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-3762

class="MsoNormal">

If you continue to have update problems you will want to take your unit to a service center for diagnosis/repair.

Product Repair

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4285

class="MsoNormal">

Line6Andy

Please be sure to award Helpful and Correct points to community members who respond with helpful or correct answers!

by
darthdave on 2010-08-11 00:31:04

Hello - I had the same exact problem as this, and when I downloaded the latest M-Audio drivers (XP SP3 in my case), everythig worked perfectly! :-)

Thanks for the helpful tip!  It saved me :-)

Dave

by rotyb on 2012-04-07 13:19:34

I had same problem. Using a roland brand midi interface did not work. Got M-audio Uno, and bang worked great. Tried 2 Roland products and no success. Seems like Roland and the Vetta do not communicate well.

by DickFoster on 2012-04-10 09:04:20

Are you checking the dates on these posts?

I think we can all assume it resolved in one way or another by now. Maybe the guy just quit playing altogether. LOL

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.