These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

GuitarPort, Win 7, POD Farm
by setbak on 2010-10-10 17:42:56

There was no GuitarPort option in the question selector, so I assumed that it's part of the POD family.

I have a GP that I bought in 2004. The CD contains software v2.0. I've used Windows XP Pro 32-bit until now and it installed fine on there. Now I'm on a new laptop with Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit and the CD won't install. I tried pulling it from the disk onto my HDD so I could run the setup EXE in XP compatability mode but no dice.

So I came here looking for updated software and I learn that GP is deprecated and I should run POD Farm. OK so I install that, but it says I'm not activated. So I get monkey and try to activate, it seems to connect and begin the process but ends with "error" and won't activate.

All software is latest version except GP firmware, which won't update in Monkey (I assume because GP is deprecated).

I don't need GP online support so I gather that I don't need Gearbox. All I want is the on-screen amps.

I have created a support profile called "setbak" but I don't know how to link it here. I assume tech support can find it.

Re: GuitarPort, Win 7, POD Farm
by Mr_Arkadin on 2010-10-11 01:49:32

this is the forum you want:

http://line6.com/community/community/support/computer_based/pod_farm_pod_studio_toneport

by setbak on 2010-10-11 05:41:30

Thanks, I've reproduced my question there.

by TheRealZap on 2010-10-11 05:49:30

if it's an older device... you'll want to get pod farm 1 and not 2, i believe...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.