These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

I need specific instructions for Shortboard & EX-1 to reassign Wah to Reverb
by RichMill on 2010-10-11 11:46:30

I have read the manuals and found out that the EX-1 takes over the volume control. Now I can not get the Wah pedal to control anything other than Wah.

I've tried several selections using Line 6 FBV Control like "091 - Efx1 Reverb" and others for the pedal wah.

I have also tried changing settings using Spider IV Edit like turning Wah on and off or the same for reverb.

Please can someone tell me about a document that spells out how to change the Wah pedal to anything other than Wah? or the same for the Volume or EX-1 pedal.

I don't mind reading how to do this, I just can't find any documentation that tells how to do it.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Rich

Re: RE: I need specific instructions for Shortboard & EX-1 to reassign Wah to Reverb
by Kneehow on 2010-10-13 14:32:13

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your inquiry. I'm not 100% certain about what you're trying to do, but I have a good guess based on filling in the cracks of all the things you've written above.

If you're trying to "re-assign" the controls of an FBV Shortboard MKII controller when using it in tandem with a Spider IV amp, this is not possible. You see, the FBV Express and Shortboard MKII's switches and expression pedal functions are hard-coded when they're connected to a compatible Line 6 amplifier.

The only time the switches and expression pedal controls can be "modified" are when you use the FBV MKII controller as a MIDI control device linked to a host PC or Mac computer running audio software that can accept MIDI CC/PC data messages. The FBV Control program lets you generate a new MIDI Control "template" file on the computer. These new assignments will control software programs (installed on your PC or Mac, of course!) that receive MIDI CC and PC data messages.

But when you connect the FBV Shortboard MKII to a Line 6 Spider IV amp, the values of the switches and expression pedal default to the hard-coded values within the amp's firmware. You cannot change those values in this scenario of usage.

Regards,

L6Perry

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.