These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Can I save money on model packs if I own a GX and a UX2?
by cancerouswax on 2010-10-11 15:37:32

Is there a way to buy model packs with my Pod Studio GX and transfer them to my Pod Studio UX2? I haven't found a clear answer. My GX is already loaded with everything and is for use with my desktop PC. My UX2 is new so the FX Junkie pack is included pre-installed and is for use with my laptop. If it can be done then it would be 1/2 the price. And yes, I know that this is a question for the sales dept. but I can't find a way to just write to them a question about a purchase that is not yet completed.

Re: Can I save money on model packs if I own a GX and a UX2?
by BigChas52 on 2010-10-11 16:06:27

You can transfer model packs (the purchased kind, not the built-in kind) between Line 6 devices, but they can only be on one device at a time.

Re: Can I save money on model packs if I own a GX and a UX2?
by cancerouswax on 2010-10-11 16:18:03

I have read that you can transfer packs from UX1 to UX2 but I haven't heard a specific reference to a transfer from a GX to a UX2. Have you found one any where? I'm just struggling to wrap my head around why it would cost me double the price on a UX2 purchase from the on-line store and wondering if this is too good to be true?

RE: Can I save money on model packs if I own a GX and a UX2?
by Kneehow on 2010-10-12 16:26:25

Hi,

You already bought a license key for your Bass Expansion, Power Pack and Triple Pack models back in July 20, 2009. This license still lives in your GX currently.

If you log into your Line 6 Account and go to: http://line6.com/account/licenses/

You will see a "transfer" button next to that license. Clicking it will set Monkey to a transfer mode; the next time you connect only your GX device via USB and log into Monkey, you'll see a "Transfer" button appear.

Clicking it will remove the license and place it into a transferred state in your account. If you disconnect the GX, then connect your UX2 and go back to the License Keys page and copy/paste the license number into Monkey after clicking "Activate Purchase", the license will now go into your UX2.

Regards,

L6Perry

Re: RE: Can I save money on model packs if I own a GX and a UX2?
by cancerouswax on 2010-10-16 11:21:33

Well...so far so good! It looks like it is true. I transferred the license/model packs that were already purchased on my Pod Studio GX to my new and empty Pod Studio UX2 and it works! For some bizarre reason it seems to have saved me around $150. I don't understand why, but maybe you can only pull this stunt if you own 2 devices. I did lose out on the free/preinstalled FX Junkie pack that was included with the new UX2 because I also had the Junkie pack on my GX, and you can't pick and choose which model packs you want to transfer, you can only transfer the total content/packs from one device to another. But you can hardly consider that as a loss when you compare loading your UX2 from $299 down to $149 ! After that is was easy, I just had to repurchase the model packs for my GX and there you have it, I have 2 devices loaded for the price of 1 ! And yes I am aware that some people are just buying one license/model pack and just keep transferring it back and forth between their devices but I know myself too well to try this. Surely I would head out the door and forget, and find myself somewhere with my laptop and a blank UX2 ! HAHA!

Thank You.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.