These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

recording problems
by Steppenwolf_ on 2010-10-15 23:33:51

Hello my friends....

I tried to save a recording mix with SONG and GUITAR as a WAV to SD card but i failed. I show in LCD screen this message: " SD-CARD write error". Then i saved it as a simple .jam file into my card. When i convered to wav, i played it but i heard only the recorded guitar, not the song. I tried the same recording proccess with DRUMS and everything was alright. What did i do wrong? Is there any solution to this problem?

Thank you...

and sorry for my bad english.

Re: recording problems
by Steppenwolf_ on 2010-10-16 00:06:55

Trouble saving WAV files

Where you can save recording you have made as .JAM files on the  Spider Jam, if you want to take those recording onto your computer to  play, your need to use SAVE REC MIX AS WAV TO CARD under the SAVE menu.  Some people complain that they can't do this. Hardware issues aside, the  main suspect here is the filename.

The FAT 16 file system uses  'eight dot three' filenames so MYSONG01.WAV is a valid filename. It has  eight characters (or less) to the left of the dot and the WAV extension  after. You don't need to add the .WAV extension yourself. It won't show  on the Spider Jam display but it will show on your computer. Don't use  any characters other than A-Z, a-z, 0-9 and the underscore '_' or you  might have problems.

Filenames can be editied using the LEFT and RIGHT arrows to move the  cursor and turning the big silver SELECT wheel to choose the characters.  Although there are more characters available than the 'A-Z, a-z, 0-9 _'  set, just play safe and stick with those.

I found the solution. I've  tried and works perfectly. If someone else has the same problem here is the answer!!!!

RE: recording problems
by Line6bakker on 2010-10-18 07:40:08

Thanks for your input Steppenwolf

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.