These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Latency issues with Windows 7 Home Version, Mixcraft & POD Studio GX - Bass Guitar
by Carmami on 2010-10-19 10:41:29

Here is my scenario...

1. Recording active bass

2. Mixcraft recording software

3. Dell Windows 7 Home Edition - 64 bit

4. Intel Celeron 2.20 GHz

5. 2 GB Ram

6. Completed all 4 video tutorials for tweaks & optimization

7. Installed latest Driver 4.1.1.7

8. Set "Buffer" to EXTRA SMALL

With this set up, I still get considerable delay/latency. In record mode, the bass sounds like it has a delay effect on.

I have preferences in Mixcraft set to:

- Wave/RT

- 44100 Hz, 16 bit

- Latency 13 (mils)

If I try to set latency to anything below 13, I start to experience severe distortion and drop-out of the track.

Also downloaded and tried the Windows 7 BETA version Driver 3.4.4.0 with no improvement.

Latency at 13 (mils) is unacceptable as it is impossible to play in time.

I need a solution fast as this product is not usable in it's current state.

Any solutions?

Re: Latency issues with Windows 7 Home Version, Mixcraft & POD Studio GX - Bass Guitar
by Carmami on 2010-10-20 12:55:28

Well, I discovered that in Mixcraft, you can disable the monitoring audio (which apparently is a duplicate of the original bass signal going to disc.)

For you Mixcraft users, it is the little "triangle" just to the right of the "arm" button on the individual track in your "MIXER" view. Click on the "triangle" and you open up a menu where you can disable the monitoring audio.

What I was hearing was not latency... but a duplicate audio that had a delay in it.

Now at 13 mils, there is still a slight latency and cracks/pops. But it is livable for now. Hopefully the full Windows 7 fix will clean this up.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.