These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Is there a way to delete Line 6's Preset Setlists?
by teletuned8 on 2010-10-20 01:12:14

I backed up Line 6's preset setlist's, in case I want to browse through them another time, but for staters I'd like them to be gone so I can start with a clean slate, ie: my own tones.

Any known way to do this yet or did I overlook something simple?

Thanks Line 6 peeps,

Steven

Re: Is there a way to delete Line 6's Preset Setlists?
by Rowbi on 2010-10-20 01:14:32

well the simple way is to just edit them with what you want.  you can't delete them I don't think, as they're fixed.... you just edit what's in them.

if you're using the editor, and if it'd make you feel better about it, you may be able to hold down ctrl or shift (i forget which one as I'm at work now) and drag a blank preset that you have created to another preset slot, it copies it there.  do that for all presets in a set list, and there you go, a blank set list... sort of.

by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-10-20 01:19:37

Yes.  Backup one of the empty set lists as a Set List, then select each of the four factory populated set lists in turn and load your backed up set list.  Rename each of the overwritten set lists accordingly and there you have a completely empty HD500 bundle.  the factory presets can be overwritten.  You might however want to create a simple default preset which has everything the way you want it to start building your own presets - and we all work slightly differently with this kind of stuff so how you do this is down to you.  You can save this on computer and just load it up when you feel creative, or you can store it actually on the HD500 if you wish.  Personally I wouldn't want or need to start with a completely empty HD500 as I'd simply overwrite any presets I didn't need as I went.

Nick

by teletuned8 on 2010-10-20 01:20:38

Bingo! Thank you so much. As you said, you can just hold shift, select all the tones in one "blank" setlist, drag it to another, and it overwrites them completely.

If anyone else is intereste din doing this like I did, i would HIGHLY suggest saving all of Line 6's preset setlists before doing this!!!

This way, you can load them later and try them out, without having to do a reset of the unit.

Cheers, and thanks!

Steven

by guitarnet70 on 2010-10-20 07:47:31

Actually it would be not bad if Line6 would put the Factory Presets of ...all gears in the download section.

Greets from Germany

David

by whiteop on 2010-10-20 08:44:30

I wish they would redo the factory presets so they are usable for most guitarists. When the volume is way up on one and way down on the other it makes you wonder if they really want you to try them out or if they had the Line 6 monkey at their factory just twist knobs and then they hit the Save button....;)

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.