These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Pod x3 as midi controller with guitar rig 4, amplitube 3
by jon_gon on 2010-10-23 18:12:24

Hello guys ive been having some issues using my pod x3 live as a midi controller. i just wanted to change some presets ive storaged on guitar rig 4 and amplitube... when i push "learn" button i have no answer and i think im doing everything ok with midi in/out configuration... i tried midi cables and usb cables too,. is it true that i can use it as a midi controller? i ve read before about sysex or cc but  have not idea what does it mean those threads XD

i hope you can help me with this issue.

a Great pod x3 fan

Thank you people :

Re: Pod x3 as midi controller with guitar rig 4, amplitube 3
by silverhead on 2010-10-24 09:52:49

You don't say whether you've  already read the manual on this. If not, I'd start there. Here's what it  says:

On  System Page 2:

MIDI Ch (POD X3 Live & POD X3 Pro only) – choose from  MIDI Channel 1-16, or select Omni to have POD X3 Live & Pro respond  to all MIDI channels, while transmitting on Channel 1. The MIDI channel  chosen from the display user interface will be used as the Channel for  Tone 1. Tone 2 will use the next MIDI Channel.
When program change  messages 0-127 are received, POD X3 Live & Pro will recall User  Presets 01A-32D, and will transmit those same program changes as presets  are selected from the POD X3 Live & Pro hardware. It also echoes  all program change messages it receives, so it can be connected “thru”  to another MIDI device.
Visit www.line6.com/manuals for more  comprehensive MIDI CC information.

Re: Pod x3 as midi controller with guitar rig 4, amplitube 3
by nick98338 on 2010-10-25 08:19:43

The X3L was never designed to be a midi controller. It was never intended to be a midi controller. It was never advertised as being a midi controller. That being said, the X3L can send and receive some, pre-defined midi messages. But, they are not easy to use. If you have some experience with using midi programming, you can figure out the messages that the X3L can send and receive, and then use those messages. However, you need to have the general midi knowledge first.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.