These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

MIDI Clock on the HD500?
by saTa on 2010-10-25 02:35:49

Hey quick question...

how can there be no "EXTERNAL" sync option when there are "PRESET" and "GLOBAL" and two MIDI Ports on the HD500?! I was so certain the device would support this that I searched through the entire menu and all the manuals before posting here.

I just couldn't believe you'd slap two MIDI Ports on there and then NOT include this simple feature (which is included on the M13 FX if I'm not mistaken?! Isn't the HD500 supposed to include the M13?!).

Being able to sync to a MIDI clock in the rehearsal room and on stage was the sole reason I opted for the HD500 instead of the HD300 because honestly... a few more FX are nice but they're not worth the price difference of almost $300 in Europe.

Please let me know if you plan on including this feature in the somewhat near future because if not, I'm gonna save those $300 and take the HD500 back to get a HD300 instead. Or better yet: please include it. Seriously... I'm still stunned it's not in there.

Re: MIDI Clock on the HD500?
by Mr_Arkadin on 2010-10-25 05:20:14

Line 6 will not see this post and would not speculate on this feature anyway. To make sure your message is heard send a feature request to:

http://line6.com/company/contact/customer_feedback/

by saTa on 2010-10-26 06:24:24

Alright then I hope this thread will at least serve to make more people submit this feature request.. Thanks for the link.

by saTa on 2011-02-09 06:35:59

Come on... PLEASE... I can't even begin to describe the frustration I'm having with this. Our drummer has a click, all the synths sync, everything's in sync and I can't properly use or create any time based fx heavy sounds on the HD 500 like I'd love to.

All the presets you ship are really nice to show off what the HD500 can do... but ultimately useless once you try to play through them in an actual rehearsal room situation. All those nice trem patterns, stacked delays, phasers etc... useless.

by saTa on 2011-04-13 04:34:13

Although - apart from this - I'm mostly satisfied with the HD500, Line6's way of not reacting to this, submitted feature requests, product feedback or plain e-mails is making me regret throwing more money at them yet again. Next time I'll buy whatever someone else is putting out there. Ragingly frustrated.

by PaulJam on 2011-04-13 07:06:07

Hi,

the HD500 does actually sync to an external MIDI clock. This feature was added in firmware 1.20, but it was not mentioned in the changelog.

by ibrowze on 2011-12-04 11:01:14

Oh yeah? it doesn't sync to my Boss Dr-670 even with the latest hard gate firmware. Boss says 70bpm, HD500 says 69.9 bpm. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......phrase loop nightmare

by saTa on 2012-01-04 05:14:56

I can not believe this... I completely read through every changelog for the last year to see if they'd react and include this feature but didn't think of just trying it again, obviously, why would you...

It does work (somewhat inaccurately but it does work). Cheers for that post, PaulJam!

by zerocrossing on 2012-05-22 08:00:34

Syncing an LFO or delay time is a lot easier than syncing an audio loop and few things do it well.  Trust me, I know.  If you're looking for a hardware looper the best two I know of are the Gibson (Oberheim) Echoplex Digital Pro and the Electrix Repeater.  If memory serves, the 2880 is a good looper too, though more limited.   I gave up on all of these in exchange of using Mobius running on a laptop using an FCB1010 as a controller.  You could probably buy an older laptop, audio interface and FCB1010 for less than the cost of a good looper and the software is free and works like a charm.

http://www.looproom.com/looperchart.php">http://www.looproom.com/looperchart.php">http://www.looproom.com/looperchart.php

I'm replying to this thread because I'm looking for something to act as a suplimental multieffects box/MIDI controller to work in conjunction with a Kemper Profiling Amp but I want to make sure that it can sync things like delay time and modulation LFOs to an external MIDI clock well.  I don't care much about it's looper.  Will this work out for me or should I look at something else?

by kisscool82 on 2012-05-22 08:48:11

Great idea !

I really want to sync my HD500 with the drummer click and the other guitarist FXs.

Is it possible now ?

by ajktsb on 2012-05-22 09:02:06

It does sync. I use a click track every Sunday for the sole purpose of syncing delays and other FX with a midi clock. Calm down. It's in there.

by kisscool82 on 2012-05-22 09:04:46

Yeah cool !

Thx

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.