These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

How do you use the POD HD400 USB recording feature with Pro Tools?
by jleeward on 2010-10-25 07:46:52

How do you record audio from the usb connection into pro tools? I see the pod hd in my input devices, but nothing shows up in the I/O drop down menu on a track. is this possible? Or do I need to use the analog outs and then use hd edit to change parameters etc. Also, I tried hooking up the hd400 to my rosetta, but the signal was much to low even when i adjusted the input gain on the 800. I guess I just need to find the best way to hook up the hd400 to pro tools to get the best signal. I have a Digi 003 hooked up to an apogee rosetta via adat and both of those are clocked to a big ben. I have an api lunchbox for my mic pres into the analog inputs of the rosetta, and the 003 is monitored via spdif to a dangerous music d-box. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: How do you use the POD HD400 USB recording feature with Pro Tools?
by TheRealZap on 2010-10-25 07:49:34

pro tools requires that you use the pro tools I/O device... so you'll have to go out of the HD and into that device.

by spaceatl on 2010-10-25 07:55:46

Where is the master set on the 400? Do you have a pad turned on or something in your interface? I find that the signal is a bit low on the XLRs if I adjust the master on the HD400 for using the headphone out...I run it full up and backed off a hair when I hit my EMU interface with the XLRs...

by jleeward on 2010-10-25 10:43:43

the volume knob is all the way up, and i changed the jumper on the rosetta input for higher gain. The rosetta is an ad/da converter. I run an 11rack and axe fx into it and have no problems with the output. right now i am running the pod hd400 into a micpre on the digi 003 with the gain about halfway up on the pre and the hd 400 knob all the way up. this works ok, but i was hoping to run it though the rosetta for better conversion, or running it through the usb to keep the signal digital.

RE: How do you use the POD HD400 USB recording feature with Pro Tools?
by Kneehow on 2010-10-26 15:33:16

Hi,

You won't be able to use the HD400's USB audio streaming output as a method of getting signal into ProTools, since AVID/DigiDesign mandates you to use the proprietary interface (your 003).

I think your best bet is to treat the HD400 as any other signal processor through either the 300 or the Rosetta (I've never worked with one of these, so I can't really offer any suggestions on how to get optimal settings with it).

But as stated before, you won't be able to select the HD400 as a USB audio input source in ProTools due to their code requirements. You'd have to go XLR or 1/4" out on the HD400, sorry.

Regards,

L6Perry

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.