These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Anyone else having trouble with the HD 500 pedal?
by hey_guitarman on 2010-10-31 04:07:51

Imo the factory default pedal setting is way too loose. So I tightened it up just a little bit - a half turn, not more. But this was enough to break the pedal axis! As I took a closer look I saw that the nut is sticking on the screw's thread, so maybe the nut couldn't turn on the thread, causing the pedal axis screw to tear apart.

Is there anybody else who experienced this?

Re: Anyone else having trouble with the HD 500 pedal?
by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-10-31 04:57:36

Hi

I've seen at least one other post where someone broke the HD500 expression pedal pivot pin by tightening it slightly just as you've done and shearing the end off.  I tightened mine very slightly with no issues.  However it shouldn't break with a minor adjustment such as you say you've made. You will need a new pivot pin, so you should contact Line 6 using one of the numbers you'll find in the Contact Us section if you follow the link below and they may send you one or they may suggest you return the unit to your supplier for replacement.

regards

Nick

by Quickmikk on 2010-10-31 05:03:58

Hi Guys,

same happened to me, slightly turned > Broken screw, dont want to send it back, only need new screw please.

Went to toolshop already for first first aid.

Greetings Mikk

by ozbadman on 2010-10-31 10:50:50

Hi guys,

I have reposted this thread as a question here:

http://line6.com/community/thread/47727

So line 6 support sees it.

David.

by FrozenOzone on 2010-10-31 17:08:27

Same with me too. Broken screw. This morning I slightly turned it and it was good or at least I thought. I came home tonight and hooked up the guitar and pushed the pedal forward and bam the screw fell off.  I thought people were over tightening the screw but they are right that the slightest pressure will break the screw. It doesn't look like a tempered bolt it looks like Low or medium carbon steel.  This is the lowest grade you can buy.

by jnazarimd on 2010-10-31 21:32:15

My pedal too broke with minimal adjustment.  Rather than get a new axis screw from line 6, I used a stainless steel screw, since I don't think the minimal tension applied to that one should break it (bad quality pin, in my opinion)

by FrozenOzone on 2010-10-31 21:59:20

I agree bad pin quality. I am going to find a quality replacement for it tomorrow. Other than the pin problem it's built like a tank. IMO.

by ricksox on 2010-11-01 15:29:10

hey_guitarman wrote:

Imo the factory default pedal setting is way too loose. So I tightened it up just a little bit - a half turn, not more. But this was enough to break the pedal axis! As I took a closer look I saw that the nut is sticking on the screw's thread, so maybe the nut couldn't turn on the thread, causing the pedal axis screw to tear apart.

Is there anybody else who experienced this?

Hi,

I created a support ticket for you so we can resolve this issue. Please respond to the ticket. Thanks.

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link if a Line 6 support representative determines that a ticket is necessary to troubleshoot your issue. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support.

Please note: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host.

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

Line6Miller

by ricksox on 2010-11-01 15:42:17

Hi guys,

We have identified this as an issue on some HD500 units. We have already taken corrective action measures to fix this at our manufacturer and our service centers will have the ability to fix this completely under warranty.

Furthermore, if this is something you think you'd like to just fix yourself we can send the parts out as well.

Line6Miller

by xxwaznxx on 2010-11-08 17:17:35

how would we go about contacting Line 6 to get a replacement part for the foot pedal?

by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-11-08 22:46:36

Depending on where you live, you could telephone one of the numbers you'll find by following the Contact Us link at the foot of this page, or you could raise a question here which would get you a support ticket once viewed by Tech Support.

Regards

Nick

by kaspal on 2010-11-23 08:56:48

Hello.

as i expresssed in another posts, i've suffered the same issue by tightening the bolt a lil bit. Thing is, im not in the USA right now, so it's impossible for me to send the unit for repair for a minor issue. So i was wondering if i can get email support and if the L6 guys can send me the spare unit to my address in colombia.

thank you.

by L6EXPERT on 2010-11-23 08:58:58

There´s already been said that some of the PODs came with a "loosen" pedal. If you´re not able to get it back in place, I recommend you return it ASAP for a new unit. We must demand what we´ve paid for!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.