These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

RE: Anyone else having trouble with the HD 500 pedal?
by ozbadman on 2010-10-31 10:07:50

Very interesting.

Line 6 monitors questions only, so I wanted to repost this as a question, and a link to the original start of this thread is here:

http://line6.com/community/thread/47715

Higuys,

Well, this is interesting. This happened to me as well. I too found the original setting of the Pedal way too loose.

I happen to live fairly close to Line 6 head office and repair shop In California. I called my Sales Rep to ask about a new bolt, and ended up getting a call directly from Line 6 themselves. Last week I took my unit in to see them and they replaced the swivel bolt, but they were very interested in getting my broken bolt. The fact that this has now happened to more people suggests there is/was a manufacturing problem.

I will say this. The Line 6 Repair group were terrific, and they are definitely interested in this issue. So, unfortunately for us, it seems like at least some of the original swivel bolts are defective. They are looking into the issue, but obviously, the more of us that have it happen, the more of a concern it is for them. I would report the problem to your supplier, or call Line 6 support. It may take them a little while to get new swivel bolts manufactured as this is obviously a new issue for them.

While awaiting my new bolt, I went to the hardware store and manufactured a temporary one (I think it was a 3/8 size bolt). I'm sure Line 6 will fix this in due course, but we may have to wait a little for a proper fix as there's obviously no point in giving us another bolt which is going to break on us.

If Line 6 doesn't respond in this thread I will email them directly as I know they will be very interested to see this has happened elsewhere.

Cheers,

David.

RE: RE: Anyone else having trouble with the HD 500 pedal?
by Line6david on 2010-11-02 10:37:46

Hi,

As quoted by Line 6 Miller:

"We have identified this as an issue on some HD500 units. We have already taken corrective action measures to fix this at our manufacturer and our service centers will have the ability to fix this completely under warranty."

If anyone would like to fix this issue themselves we also have replacement parts available upon request.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: Anyone else having trouble with the HD 500 pedal?
by jnazarimd on 2010-11-02 13:29:25

Kudos to Line6 for identifying and offering at least to solutions to correct the problem. Nice to see a company doing this.

By the their answer was posted, I had bought an identical size (see below) and shape stainless steel bolt with thread at the tip only.  The 1/4" X 3" one with the hex head cost $2.50 at my local ACE Hardware.  I had to saw off ~3/16" to make it be identical in size to the original. For those in a hurry to fix this problem without waiting for the replacement parts to be mailed, this is an easy fix that appears to work great.

by kaspal on 2010-11-23 08:52:05

Hello.

How do i get to contact you by email? i'm experiencing the same issue, but i've got an additional problem: i bought the unit out of amazon, and am in colombia right now, so sending the unit for a minor repair is a no no ... so, while im interested in fixing this, i think i need some email support, so, how do i do contact you guys, for me to get the spare part by mail? (dont know if what i just said makes any sense).

thank you.

by L6EXPERT on 2010-11-23 08:59:24

There´s already been said that some of the PODs came with a "loosen"  pedal. If you´re not able to get it back in place, I recommend you  return it ASAP for a new unit. We must demand what we´ve paid for!

by ozbadman on 2010-11-23 09:10:10

Line 6 will send you a new bolt if you contact their support group.

You can try calling them, or if not, post a new question here and leave it unanswered until Line 6 respond. They will not monitor this question anymore as it is marked as answered.

David.

by L6EXPERT on 2010-11-23 09:14:35

I guess people dont want a new bolt, they want a bolted unit already for the price they´re paying.

by racetra on 2010-11-23 16:19:13

Being stainless, This will never break.

Was it a 1/4 x 20 3 inches long?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.