These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vetta

Vetta II discontinued? Motherboard rip
by jlarrea on 2010-11-02 13:04:27

My Vetta II died 1 year ago, I carried right away to the service center here in Santiago, Chile. A few days ago (it means 1 long year without the amp) the techs told me the motherboard of my Vetta died and there's no repair because is discontinued!

It´s that true? I don´t trust them very much. If it´s real, what can I do? It´s possible buy directly a motherboard to Line 6 in USA?

Thanks in advance

Jorge Larrea

menelao@vtr.net

RE: Vetta II discontinued? Motherboard rip
by Line6Hugo on 2010-11-05 14:45:22

Jorge,

Checking with our parts department, there are still Vetta parts available to send out for repairs, however, only authorized service centers have access to ordering these parts.

Which service center did you go to?

This is the only authorized service center in Chile:

Av. Chile

Espana 393, Nunoa

Santiago(56-2) 375-2900 (phone)

(56-2) 375-2902 (fax)

info@audiomusica.com

audiomusica.com

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Re: RE: Vetta II discontinued? Motherboard rip
by jlarrea on 2010-11-06 14:31:24

Hi, Line6Hugo.

That´s the service center. They told me that you in LIne 6 never answered their request in 1 complete year , and this last few weeks at last you answered them that Vetta II is discountinued and you don´t have its motherboard.

I think they don´t know how to fix mi amp, the reputation of this service center isn´t good here in Chile.  I had once a problem with my Variax and when they knew that this guitar had a computer board they went nuts! They didn´t fix it and I had to sell it.

My Vetta II is in my living room with a lamp over it. It doesn´t deserve it.

Can you do an exception and sell me a motherboard.? I think the other way won´t work.

I´ve bought many LIne 6  products ( all the PODs, DL4, Variax 500, 300 & 700, FBV) through the years without problems and this subject is the most important to me, it has tested my pacience.

Thanks for you answer.

Jorge Larrea

by ricksox on 2010-11-09 10:38:48

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with this. I really find it hard to believe that your service center waited an entire year for us to respond to this issue. That doesn't sound truthful to me on their behalf.

I'll create a ticket for you and assign it to the right people in our service department so they can help you.

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link if a Line 6 support representative determines that a ticket is necessary to troubleshoot your issue. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support.

Please note: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host.

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

Line6Miller

by Line6McCool on 2010-11-23 15:17:05

Hi Jorge,

I was able to get in contact with the distributor for this service center and we have a Vetta board on the way! Someone should be getting in contact with you shortly regarding the repair of your Vetta. Please let us know if you have any other issues.

Thanks,

Neal

Line 6 Parts

by jlarrea on 2011-08-18 14:06:15

Hi, friends. Sorry for this late answer, but I haven't been got in contact by the kids of the Service center here in Chile in regard of the repair of my "white elephant" Vetta. I don't think that they are very serious in their job. I was very glad with your answer from november about the Vetta board, but here in Chile I haven't got signals of life from the Distribuitor or Service Center.

I don't know if you can do something about it.

Thanks in advance.

Jorge

Re: Vetta II discontinued? Motherboard rip
by MerlinFL on 2011-08-18 20:22:08

Hola Jorge - I know this is probably too late to help you with your situation, but would it make sense or be worth your money to simply buy a used Vetta II??

There are always Vetta amps, combos, etc. for good to excellent condition used Vetta amps.  Perhaps it might be most worth your time to give this idea some thought, although I do understand losing any money you paid for the Vetta II you have that you cannot get fixed.

Another way to get the same sounds without using a Vetta is by using the POD FARM software with an inexpensive laptop you can bring to your gigs or the recording studio.  The software is not that expensive but has ALL the amps, cabs, FX, minus the physical amp.  I KNOW this DOES WORK in live situations as well as amazing in the studio.

If this might work for you, you need the following equipment...

• (1) laptop running Windows XP or higher.......or a comparable MAC
  • (1) Line 6 Shortboard MKII which will connect to your laptop by a USB cable
  • ------for the power and speaker section------
  • (1) ANY tube or solid state powered speaker with your choice of 10 inch or 12 inch speakers. The preamp front part of ANY guitar amp is NOT needed.  Just the power section and a working FX loop RETURN input.
  • or even simpler...
  • (1) cheap but minimum 200w total (100w x 2) power amp
  • (1) your choice from a Marshall 4x12 cab to whatever one or pair of cabinets you like the sound of that fits your budget.
  • the output from the laptop can be from a STEREO 1/8 inch HEADPHONE jack cable on one end to TWO 1/4 inch plugs on the other end for stereo signals - OR - an adapter available that converts USB to a stereo audio signal.

Once you've got everything starting with the laptop and POD FARM 2.0 or higher download as many of the patches created by Line 6 AND some patches created by users like myself from this download sections for FREE!!

This even looks pretty cool with the laptop facing the audience as you can see some of the changes you might cause with the pedalboard happen on the laptop screen that the audience can also see.  This has gotten me MANY comments on what I was using that got all the variety of sounds I played from just one guitar.  The only thing that would make this set up better is a Variax guitar.

I hope this gives you other options and perhaps some choices you might not have thought of but work extremely well once you learn how it hooks up and played around with the preset sounds in the POD FARM software to creating your own amp or DUAL AMP patches.

If you need any help putting something like this together, please feel free to write to me.

Best of luck,

Neal

by jimslick on 2011-09-04 09:05:03

I just posted a new thread on this exact situation.  It is unacceptable to put out this kind of money to be told 'we can't get parts'  You were told by Line6Miller that he found it hard to beleive that the service centers cannot get parts ... unfortunately. and possibly to to his surprise, that is very true.  I've tried four service centers and have been told the same at all four.  Line6, get your *&^% together for your loyal customers.  We need parts availability now and an easy way to get them!

by MerlinFL on 2011-09-04 21:45:05

jimslick wrote:

I just posted a new thread on this exact situation.  It is unacceptable to put out this kind of money to be told 'we can't get parts'  You were told by Line6Miller that he found it hard to beleive that the service centers cannot get parts ... unfortunately. and possibly to to his surprise, that is very true.  I've tried four service centers and have been told the same at all four.  Line6, get your *&^% together for your loyal customers.  We need parts availability now and an easy way to get them!

Jim - not to burst your bubble about what you're complaining about, but I've been a Vetta user/performer since 2003 when I bought my first one brand new and got every upgrade when they were available YEARS AGO.  I too would LOVE IT if Line 6 or any other company I've dealt with regarding computer based equipment could - and the key word here is COULD - keep parts available for EVERY piece of gear they've ever made.

However, out here in the world of reality - that is JUST SIMPLY NOT FINANCIALLY OR PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE!!

How about you put your money where you mouth is and buy up EVERY Vetta piece of gear floating around the world and stock them at your expense in a warehouse of your choosing, plus them pay rent for that giant sized warehouse waiting for someone to ask for a $5.00 or $100.00 part for a Vetta 1 or 2??  I'd be one of your best customers if ya did and charged fair prices for those parts I might need sometime in the future.

If I were a millionaire, I'd have done this myself already as I LOVE my TWO Vettas and am always looking on eBay for Vettas on sale cheap just for PARTS for the ones I have been using for over 8 years 5 days per week nearly every week of the year.  Who knows, I might even start now buying as many Vettas as I can just for people like yourself that need spare parts although I can't guarantee my prices would be as cost effective as buying direct from the manufacturer.

I even love my Vettas so much that even after getting ALL the new gear...JTV 59US, POD HD500, and (2) DT50 1x12 combo amps - I STILL continue to use my Vettas mixed in with all this new gear since the new gear can't do half of what the Vetta can do for my live and studio requirements.

There is no RULE or certainly no LAW that binds ANY company to keeping a backlog of parts AFTER they stop manufacturing that piece of gear.  Vettas stopped being manufactured sometime in the year 2007 and based on that, I think Line 6 did a excellent job of keeping support and parts available for a couple of years after the end of production.

So the moral of this posting is...buy used Vettas as it's not the companies job to keep manufacturing parts for gear that is no longer in production.  Buy USED VETTAS AND KEEP THEM FOR PARTS!!  The VDI card that interfaces with all the Variax guitars in Vetta II's are worth the price most used Vettas are being sold for.  Those have not been available to anyone since 2007 as an upgrade part for Vetta 1's like I have.  Now ONLY Vetta II's HAVE those VDI cards.

There ya have it.  And my profile photo shows I am exactly who and what I say regarding Vettas and all the new gear released in the past year.

Take care,

Neal

by MerlinFL on 2011-09-04 21:55:55

Line6McCool wrote:

Neal

Line 6 Parts

Hi Neal - my name is NEAL also!!  I thin you went above and beyond to get this Vetta problem taken care of in Chile of all places!!

Line6Miller

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with this. I really find it hard to believe that your service center waited an entire year for us to respond to this issue. That doesn't sound truthful to me on their behalf.

I'll create a ticket for you and assign it to the right people in our service department so they can help you.

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link if a Line 6 support representative determines that a ticket is necessary to troubleshoot your issue. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support.

Please note: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host.

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view

Line6Miller

Rick Miller is one of the BEST guys at Line 6.  I have never met him in person, but I have spoken to him YEARS ago when I had a problem with my Vetta 1 as well as a later problem with one of my Variax EC700's.  HE went WAAAAAY out of his way to get me taken care of and I'll always remember him for that amazing level of service for someone like me who is "nobody" in the world of music.  Now I'm a Beta Tester for JTV and other new products, but that doesn't change anything.
Line 6 is as "perfect or imperfect" as any company can be that does MILLIONS of dollars worth of sales every year and STILL tries very hard to provide that small company approach to tech support and service.  Try getting ANY level of tech support or ANYTHING for that matter from ROLAND for example like I have.  No comparison - ROLAND does not give a crap about ANYONE in the real world.  And I guess they make so much money they don't even have to.  Thousands of dollars spent on excellent Roland gear, but not a BIT of tech support EVER!!  Line 6 - thousands of dollars spent over the years and ALWAYS get good to excellent tech or customer support.
Done yappin' - peace to all,
Neal

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.