These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Can't update pod xt flash memory in monkey.
by Krenzathal on 2010-11-04 07:45:59

I have recently decided to roll back my POD Xt's flash memory, simply because I prefer the tones in the earlier ones. Now I had 3.01 installed and I wanted to go back to 1.05, but I mistakenly chose 1.02 and now the monkey is not letting me do anything to the flash memory. There is simply a small question mark beside the Flash memory section and the Help & info section says I have to have a USB connection in order to update which I most certainly do and have checked multiple times. Even the monkey itself says I am connected in the left hand side.

So what can I do? I can neither update to 1.05 or 3.01 and I am stuck with Flash 1.02 which is unusable and hence is costing me time and money.

I am running windows 7 Home, ASUS Quad Core PC, 4GB ram

Thank you.

Re: Can't update pod xt flash memory in monkey.
by Mr_Arkadin on 2010-11-04 07:49:24

Early 1.0x versions require a MIDI cable to update. If you're going as far back as 1.05 then you may always need MIDI cables to do anything as USB wasn't implemented until after those early versions, so perhaps invest in a MIDISport Uno if you have no MIDI capability currently.

Check the final question on:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-3827

by TheRealZap on 2010-11-04 07:51:34

+1, you're going to need midi...

and i have experience with the m-audio uno and it's recommended if you don't already have a midi solution.

by Krenzathal on 2010-11-04 07:52:07

I've rolled back to 1.05 before and back to 3.01 and then back again to 1.05 with only USB so I don't think that is the problem.

by Mr_Arkadin on 2010-11-04 08:00:06

Yes, but you said you had rolled back to 1.02. Not sure what you're asking for if you're not going to even try people's advice.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.